55

Talia's POV

"NEXT." The NYC street vendor shouts as the dude in front of me walks away from the bagel vendor.

"Hey Faisal." I say as I step up.

"There's my favorite customer." Faisal, the guy my family and I have bought our bagels from since I was 12, says. "Want the usual?"

"Yes please." I say.

"2 plain bagels with cream cheese coming up." Faisal says then he fixes my order.

While Faisal fixes my order, I get cash out of my wallet.

"Here you are Talia." Faisal says then he hands me my bagels.

"Thanks Faisal." I say then I hand the older dude the cash.

"See you tomorrow?" Faisal asks.

"See you then." I say then I walk up the street.

As I'm walking to the hotel the national team is staying in, I eat one of my bagels and sip on my smoothie.

Our first two friendlies of the post Vlatko era are taking place in New York at the Inter New York Stadium and we're playing Australia first then we play England.

This camp is also our first camp since June.

We didn't have a camp during the September international window since we were without a manager.

Hopefully this team can get back to winning ways with our new coach.

After a 20 minute walk, I finally arrive at the hotel then I head inside and search for the conference room.

"Finally." I mumble when I find the conference room then I open up the door and head inside.

"Morning Freckles." Christen says.

"Morning." I say with a bit of a mouthful then I head over to the new manager. "I'm here."

"I see that Talia." Ali Krieger says with a smile.

Thankfully US Soccer hired a women to be the Women's National Team head coach and the woman they hired is Ali Krieger.

"Imma sit down now." I say then I walk away.

"Dork." Ash mumbles.

Ash is apart of Ali's staff.

"Hi Freckles." Christen says as I sit down next to her.

"Hello." I say as I start eating my second bagel.

"Have a nice sleep?" Alex asks.

"Well I wish my soulmate was sleeping with me, but she's up in Canada so I slept as good as I possibly could."

"Where are my favorite set of twins?" Kelley asks

Oh fuck off.

"A. J. is filming in New York at the moment and she has the day off so she and the twins are hanging out today." I say.

"Aww." Kelley says. "I missed them."

It takes everything in me not to roll my eyes at my former friend.

"Are you staying at your home?" Sam asks as I eat my bagel.

"Yes." I say with a mouthful.

"Freckles what did we talk about?" Christen asks.

"Uh, ask if they wanna bite?" I question.

"No poohead." Christen says. "Chew before you speak."