94

Talia's POV

"I hate cameras." I mumble as my wife and I find our seats in the AMC Lincoln Square Theater.

"The flashes are very blinding." Leah says then we put our drinks in the cup holder of our seats.

The premier of my documentary is tonight and I think everyone from the APL is here to watch.

I think the only people who aren't here are Kelley O'Hara and Carli Lloyd.

"Hi Freckles." Christen says from next to me as she and her wives sit down next to me and Leah.

I told everyone who wanted to attend the premier that I didn't want kids at the premiere due to the subject matter in the film, but I said I'd have childcare for them.

A. J. is watching Lanie, Axel, Zaire, and Kaia tonight.

"You ready for this?" Christen asks.

"I think so." I say.

Truthfully I'm not ready at all and I almost cancelled the whole thing last night.

It's still so weird that I'm about to let a bunch of strangers have an insight into my life even though it's only a 10% insight.

"It's starting." Leah whispers as the lights dim in the theater.

Once the lights dim, the documentary begins by showing the title of the documentary.

The documentary is called The Climb.

After the title is shown, the screen fades to black then the sound of studs clicking on the ground are heard as the screen fades into me leading the Inter New York team out onto the pitch for my first game back after my knee surgery back in January of 2022.

Once out on the pitch, the camera zooms out to show that it's in the box my family is in then you hear my family talk about my recovery during the course of a few highlights of the game.

When the game ends, the Camera follows my family down to the area where the players park then you see me approach my family and hug my kids before Leah and I are left alone.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"Mhmm." Leah says with a smile. "I just need to tell you something."

"What's up future Mrs. Martin?" I ask with a smile.

"I'm Pregnant." Leah says causing my mouth to drop into a smile.

My family and I celebrate the fact Leah's pregnant then the documentary transitions into all the bullshit with Kelley.

First the documentary shows Kelley making me sing at my restaurant then it shows where I laid down the law to Kelley after the Netherlands game.

"Talia can you get me and my partner a reservation at your restaurant for two weeks from Sunday?" Kelley asks, but I ignore her. "Talia?"

I wonder how people are gonna react to this.

"Talia don't be a cunt" Kelley says as I finish packing up my locker.

I'm still confused how the filmmakers captured this on camera.

"Oh you dumb bitch." I hear someone mumble.

"Oh I'm a cunt?" I say as I look at my former friend. "Not you, the bitch who repeatedly broke boundaries I set by telling me to sing."

I hope I don't come off as a bitch.

"I've told you repeatedly I don't want to sing on command or sing in public yet you make me do it every fucking camp." I say.

"Oh no." Ash whispers.