81

Talia's POV

"Fuck the thorns." I mumble as we pull up to our opponents stadium then I get passed our line-up for our first match.

1-Audrey Solo
2-Lynn Wilms
4-Sarah Gorden
3-Isabella Fletcher
15-Katie McCabe
12-Andi Sullivan
13-Morgan Brian
10-Daniëlle van de Donk
14-Talia Martin(C)
9-Vivianne Miedema
11-Lieke Martens

Isabella Fletcher is a 18 year old English woman who came through the Inter New York Academy

Tonight we're playing the Portland Thorns in our first match of the 2022/23 season.

Once at Providence Park, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers then I take off my tracksuit jacket.

Once my jacket is off, I put on my 1980 USA Mike Eruzione jersey then I head outside for the pitch inspection.

After we've inspected the pitch, my teammates and I head back to the locker room.

When I get to my locker I take my AirPods out, take out my nose ring, take off my necklaces and my rings, then I put my jewelry and AirPods in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I take off my jersey then I put on my warm up top and my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my green boots.

After my boots are on I put my hair up in a ponytail then I get up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my green jersey while the coaches do their last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end, we are told to head to the tunnel so I head to the back of the line in the tunnel.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so someone leads us out onto the field

Once on the field we stand in line for a few seconds then we shake hands with the Thorns players.

After we shake hands, we take a starting XI picture, I do the coin toss then we do our huddle before we head onto the field.

Once on the field, I hear an airplane engine so I look up into the sky and see a small plane pulling a banner behind it.

The banner reads, White Lives Matter, Talia's not fit for USA captaincy.

Some people are so stupid.

"Hey Crys." I say as I stand next to my favorite thorns player.

"Yeah T?" Crystal says.

"Where does your owner sit?" I ask then Crystal and I turn around so she can show me where the Thorns owner sits. "Sweet."

"You got something planned?" Crystal asks as the Thorns kick the game off.

"I do." I say then I focus on the game.

The first ten minutes of the game are uneventful because both teams are feeling each other out and trying to get a feel for the other teams weakness.

In the 12th minute Viv receives the ball around midfield from Andi, but she's immediately met by two Thorns defenders which leaves a shit ton of space open.