68

Talia's POV

"Can I take you somewhere?" I ask when Leah and I walk out of the back door of our cabin after having lunch.

For an early Christmas present, My sister sent Leah and I up to the family cabin for the weekend up by ourselves while they keep Lanie and Axel for a weekend.

"Of course." Leah says so I show her my back

"Hop on." I say.

Leah hops on my back, wraps her legs around my abs and her arms around my neck, then I shut the back door and start heading to my secret spot.

My family has owned this cabin for half a century so I know the area pretty well. 

Five minutes later we walk through a rock out cropping and come face to face with my secret spot.

"Wow." Leah says as I let her off my back. "It's so beautiful."

"I found it when I was 12." I say as I sit down on a rock and rest my feet on a different rock in front of me.

Once I'm sat down, I tug on Leah's hand until she looks down then I pat the spot next to me.

Leah smiles as she sits next to me then we look at the beautiful view for a while.

"This is where I wanna live after we retire." I say. "Just you, me, our dogs, and nobody else around for five miles."

"What about our kids?"

"Well I guess we can stay in New York until they're out of school." I say. "Then we can do what my parents did and give them the house."

"And they can visit?"

"Obviously Princess." I say.

"Sweet." Leah says then she kisses my cheek. "Now being as you're my soulmate, I know we're not here just to look at the view."

"No we are not." I admit.

"So what are we doing here?"

"Something I've wanted to do since the day I met you." I say then I drop to a knee and open the velvet box to reveal a ring I designed specifically for Leah.

"Talia." Leah gasps then I grab her left hand.

"Leah from the day I met you I have changed from an introverted young teenager who thought love was stupid." I say. "I'm still introverted, but now you've helped me to grow into a woman I know my parents would be proud of. You've helped me learn that love is the most powerful force in the world. You've helped me to face my fears of raising a child and become a mother that Lanie can be proud of. "

I can't believe I'm finally doing this.

"Leah you've helped me to love myself as much as I love you and I can never repay you for that." I say. "And most importantly since the day you met Lanie and Axel you have seen them as your kids and that makes me the happiest person in the world."