35

Talia's POV

"Hey Talia." Ash says when she and a couple other girls enter Leah's hospital room.

"Hi." I mumble and keep my head on Leah's thigh while staring at my girlfriend who's still in a coma.

"Sweetie." Amanda says and rubs my back. "You've been here for three days and haven't left Leah's side. This isn't healthy."

"You need to get out of here if only for an hour." Amanda says.

"But." I say then look in terror at Leah's family. "I don't wanna leave her."

"Talia I will call you the moment she wakes up." David says. "I promise."

"Okay." I mumble then kiss Leah's leg.

"Come on Freckles." Christen says. "Let's go get you showered."

"I don't smell that bad." I mumble then I get a whiff of myself. "Never mind."

I follow the national team girls to the door then I stop and look back at my girlfriend.

"She's safe munchkin." Tobin says and pulls me out of the room. "Nothing bad can hurt her."

I sadly nod then follow the girls down the stairs, out of the hospital, and to my House.

"Who has my kids?" I ask.

"Athena and Moe are looking after them." Christen says.

"Oh." I mumble.

Once at my house I'm greeted by the entire team.

"Hey Talia." Crystal says with a soft smile.

"Hi." I mumble.

"Come on." Ash says and picks me up. "Let's get you showered."

Ash carries me up the stairs to my room followed by the whole team and my sisters

"Okay." Christen says when we get to my room. "I don't think Talia needs everyone to clean her."

"Come on." Aaliyah says then she and Athena and drag me to the shower.

Athena turns on the shower as Christen comes in with new clothes and under wear then the three older women strip me out of my clothes before they take off my jewelry.

Once I'm fully nude I step into the shower and let my sisters wash my hair and body then I get out of the shower and dry myself and my hair.

After I'm completely dry, I change into my fresh clothes then Athena, Aaliyah, Christen, and I walk into my bedroom and see Tobin, Alex, Becky, Moe, Sarah, Ali, and Ash.

"Hi." I mumble as I put on my slides.

"Hey Munchkin." Tobin says.

"Anything you wanna do Talia?" Ash asks.

"Talk." I mumble.

"What do you wanna talk about?" Ali asks.

"Anything." I say. "Just start talking."

"So how's the sex?" Kelley asks

"Kelley." Alex scolds and slaps her friend on the arm.

"What?" Kelley asks as I look down at my hands. "It's just a question."

"Freckles?" Christen questions so I raise my head. "Is something wrong with your sex life?"

"No." I quickly say. "We just haven't had sex yet."

"And that's okay Bubs." Aaliyah says. "Just go at your own pace."

"We are." I mumble as I put my jewelry back on.

I silently get up and leave the room then I walk down stairs to the kitchen.

"Hey T." Moe says.

"Hi Moe." I say.

"We have food for you." Sarah says and hands me a chopped cheese sandwich.

"You guys went to the Bronx?" I question when I notice the chopped cheeses is a legitimate chopped cheese and not some gentrified version.

"We went in a group." Moe says.

"Well thank you." I say.

I nod at my sister-in-laws then I eat my sandwich and talk to the girls for a while until my phone rings.

"Hello?" I say

"Talia?" Amanda says.

"Yes?"

"Leah's Awake."

- - - - -

"Talia."

"Talia."

"Talia."

"Talia."

"Talia."

"Talia Grace Martin wake up." Someone says causing me to shoot out of my chair.

"Leah what's wrong?" I quickly ask and try to rush to my girlfriend's side.

"Woah." Ash says and holds me back.

"Breath Talia." Christen says. "She's just sleeping and you need to eat."

Leah's been out of her coma for two days.

"Sorry." I mumble then I take the bagels Amy hands to me and start eating. "So what's up?

"Talia have you checked your emails or any social media lately?" Christen asks.

"I mean I've been kinda occupied." I say and motion to my sleeping girlfriend.

"Right." Christen says. "Talia you are one of the three finalist for the Ballon d'Or Féminin."

"What? Why? How?" I ask then open up my emails.

"Sweetie." Becky says. "You won an Olympic gold medal, an NWSL championship, you were league MVP, you won the NWSL Golden boot, and you were in the NWSL first team Best eleven."

"And you won The Best FIFA Women's Player and you were in the FIFA FIFPro Women's World11." Amy says.

"And you won the FIFA Puskás Award for your goal against Spain." Christen says.

I check the email and see I'm a finalist along with Vivianne Miedema and Pernille Harder.

"Wait." I say and look at Christen. "Why weren't you nominated? I mean you had better years then Hegerberg, Miedema, and Harder...combined"

"Just the way the cookie crumbles." Christen says and shrugs.

I also notice I can bring 10 family member.

"Guys." I say and get my three closest friends' attention.

"Yes Talia?" Becky says.

"Um it says I can bring 10 family members so would you three come with me?" I ask.

Christen, Becky, and Amy all look at each other and smile then they look at me.

"We'd love to Freckles." Christen says. "We'd love too."

"Cool." I say.

"Who's going where?" I hear the most angelic voice ask.

"Hi Baby." I say then I kiss my soulmate's head. "How are you feeling?"

"Starving." Leah says.

"We'll go get you some food Baby." Leah's Dad says then her family kiss her head before they leave.

"So who's going where?"Leah asks.

"Freckles is one of the finalists for the Ballon d'Or."

"Say what now?" Leah says.

"That's what I said." I say. "But Christen, Becky, and Amy are coming with us, the kids, my sisters, and my sisters' wives."

"Sweet." Leah says.

"LEAH." I hear my little girl shout then Athena lifts my kids onto Leah's bed.

"Hi kiddos." Leah says as she hugs my kids.

"You otay?" Axel asks.

"Yeah Bubba." Leah says. "I'm okay."