:10-Concession

When the driver leaves the motorway, and enters the service station, Matthew starts to feel the full impact of the HH (hypersensitive habit).

On the forecourt, Matthew is instructed to get out. There is little in the way of a formal introduction, as "Best Mate" approaches the car from the drivers side, opens the rear door and takes out Matthew's bag. 

"Best Mate" walks at extreme pace, followed by Matthew, to an unofficial vehicle. The holdall is placed in the boot and closed. As they both get into the car, the driver has already left the station. He is now a pillion passenger with the receiver. His "stats drive" is no longer within his immediate grasp!

From this point onwards no prompting was necessary. Matthew hands over his temporary passport, cell phones and bank cards. The handover was completed in less than 2 minutes. 

Those sensations that he experienced on the ferry slipway, are a distance memory!

Nobody was informed of his departure date, travel route or the final destination in Spain. "Best Mate" held a firm grip over the release of information, and will continue to do so. All lines of communication will be via "BM"

This was a concession that Matthew had already accepted!

His own survival depends, on his hacking abilities, and the speed at which he can uncover operatives, who are affiliated with the neurotic strategist!