Statistics

Latent links to Birmingham could have exposed his own frailties and that of the BD (B-dorm) arrangement. The implications of hacking, on behalf of BM, were always a risk although the list of informants saw a permanent cognitive shift. 

George experienced the "Magnetic Habits". His location was not secure, because one registered informant was already residing in Benidorm! 

Following a cross-referencing of the MET files, with that of the Agency's, it was evident that all 42 informants, located in Andalusia and Alicante, were residing in properties controlled by the Agency. 

Fred was a coding reference for, (French Educated, Stefan), and he was amongst 7 other informants who lived in Malaga.  He had outstanding convictions for financial fraud in Lithuania, but George didn't agonise over the preferred disposal method. He created a new profile on the dark-web, which advertised him as an exclusive vendor of explicit sexual abuse material. His real name, age, photo and address in Malaga all went online!

It didn't take long before Fred was, lifted, by the Spanish National police. George had removed the primary target, without approval or any consideration of the explosive repercussions. 

The MET had lost a crucial informant; however everything depended on how much information he would release, if and when he returned to Lithuania. One link, in the perfect chain, was broken and the Agency would certainly seek reprisals! 

George had deliberately hacked into the national newspaper, El País, to get the details before anyone. He was extremely frustrated when no correspondents investigated the case. Instead he learned of the arrest via a local BD newspaper. 

The sociopath was only interested in safeguarding his own location. To protect himself, he will ruin anyone who poses a threat to, his statistics!