CHAPTER 38

Writer's POV :-

"What..?" Krishna was the first one to react. She looked frantically from the lawyer to Aakarsh. 

She was too scared to hear about the police and the court after that dreadful incident. That one incident left her no immune to such matters and surely it always seems to land her in a state of vulnerability whenever it relates to Aakarsh.

Meanwhile, Aakarsh's face was as hard as a stone. He was continuously clenching his jaws. The mere presence of Neel with that evil smirk plastered on his face was more than enough to fuel his anger.

Though, he had expected something to happen today but didn't see it (the sudden court's order) coming.

"Why..?" Mrinal asked as he came forward patting Krishna's shoulder, gesturing to her to relax.

"The date has been issued for starting the review process of your Maninagar's property." Their advocate informed them by passing the papers to Mrinal.

Aakarsh shared a frowned look with Neev asking whether his PI informed anything about this, in eye gestures. 

"What review..?" Neev asked him, as he nodded negatively to Aakarsh.

"Mr. And Mrs. Verma, I think you both remember about the will that your parents, Mr. Dev and Mrs. Ambika Verma, had written!?" Advocate Niranjan Desai asked sceptically looking at Krishna and Mrinal. 

Both of them clearly understood what he was asking about! The reality dawned upon them which had just slipped out of their minds. 

"We do remember Mr. Desai... it's just that it slipped out of our minds that's why we didn't foresee it coming up." Mrinal said and Krishna's face relaxed visibly sensing no danger to her son. 

What more a mother wants if not for the protection and happiness of her child!?

"What's going Papa, will you tell us instead of playing these riddles...?" Aakarsh asked, getting frustrated with their code words. 

"Oh baby boo patience... Patience is the key brother." Neel said, irritating him more.

"You.." 

"Aakarsh it's not the time and place... first listen to what they have to say." Annapurna interrupted, stopping him to speak further. He nodded but fisted his palm tightly, pricking his skin with his nails.

Diksha noticed him harming himself in his anger. She shifted closer to him slowly, without getting anyone to notice her movements. 

She held his right hand and drew slow circles on it trying to calm his anger. Aakarsh looked at the source of touch and loosened his fist after a few seconds receiving her warmth. 

"Your Dada ji (paternal grandfather) and Dadi Maa (paternal grandmother), had written a will which states that you will be the next owner of something they loved dearly. Something which meant more than just property and wealth --- Maninagar."   Mrinal started speaking.

"Maninagar, is a small village with a total population of hardly 500 people. That specific village was very close & dear to your grandparents as that place and the natives are the ones who saved our (Aakarsh's grandparents and Mrinal & Abhay) lives."

"On the way to Maa's maiden, a gang of armed robbers attacked us. Had it not been for the people of Maninagar, we would not have survived that night. Since the village was located near the river we were crossing, the people heard the commotion. All the  villagers fought with the robbers and saved us." Mrinal explained.

"Then...?" Asked Aakarsh trying to sink the words inside his mind.

"I don't remember clearly as I was only two at that time and Bhaiya was four. But, as I heard from my parents, we were injured. Maa's condition was the worst among the four of us. The villagers were very kind to provide us shelter. They treated your dadi with extreme care."