CHAPTER 41

Aakarsh's POV :-

Someone had said it absolutely right 'life is so unpredictable'. There is always a different kind of uncertainty trailing behind every event of your life.

Every phase of life gives you different kinds of experiences and surely this fact seems perfect for my life.

Stepping into adulthood, I have seen the true colours of many precious relations. The betraying versions of them.

It's so easy for people to call me rude, arrogant, etc. But hardly did they understand the reason behind my cold exterior.

No one deserves to leave such an unworthy life getting tagged as a molester.

How shameful it is!

And, look at my misery, I can't even cry over my ill-fate!

Every time… every time when I think I'm finally closing that chapter of my life, something more malicious comes up to snatch away whatever little happiness I try to gather in my arms, again.

Is trusting someone a sin? I wonder!

And, even after all these mishaps, my life never seemed sorted out at any point. 

Like wasn't Neel's matter enough that my grandparents, unknowingly, landed me into another handful of problems.

Marriage!

Seriously? 

I never even imagined myself getting married after that incident. Heck, I never even gave a single thought to this term.

And now look at the situation I'm stuck in! Funny, isn't it!?

You seem to enjoy my agony, yeah God? 

How can I share my shattered life with someone…? Like the cloudy morning after a stormy night — calm but shattered.

This unavoidable situation in hand certainly demands the presence of my better half. And, the only figure my mind, heart and soul decides to portray, is of her.

Diksha!

My far-fetched imagination! 

I didn't want to accept it but this duffer of a heart of mine has started aching and craving for her.

You're really kidding me! 

I chuckled sadly looking up at the infinite sky which is believed to be the abode of that ultimate power — God; The almighty!

I was standing at my usual spot on the terrace thinking and recalling all that happened today when I heard the light footsteps approaching me.

I didn't need to turn and check who it was. Her sweet scent is addictive enough for me to feel high on it.

Diksha stood beside me sliding a mug of her magical coffee, towards me. 

This is my type of heaven she brings every time brewing in just a medium sized mug.

Silly, she doesn't even have any idea of what she just slid, not a cup of coffee but my peace.

"Throughout the entire conversation I was noticing your tensed expressions and postures… and before you think anything let me clarify it was an involuntary action since the whole topic was related to you." She said, pulling me out of my now thoughts. 

"So I will not ask whether you're disturbed or not because that would be the dumbest question of the century." She added turning towards me, giving me a clear view of her serene face.