CHAPTER 61

Writer's POV:-

Everybody stared at Mayank in shock, and most of it was prominent on Diksha's face. She gaped unbelievably not knowing how to react.

"What do you mean, Mayank?" Mrinal asked in a serious tone.

"That we can't stay here anymore after..." before he could complete his Vidyut interrupted him.

"No Uncle, you can't leave. You can't take my Bhabhi away from my Bhaiya. How can you even think of separating them?" He shook his head vigorously and moved to Diksha.

Mayank tried to speak but was again interrupted by Vidyut.

"But, it's needed to..."

"Bilkul nahi uncle (no at all, uncle), I won't let you do this. At least Bhabhi ka to sochiye (at least think about Bhabhi)... How can you do this even after knowing everything? Aunty, at least you make him understand." Vidyut hurriedly said and looked at Annapurna who was just looking at his panicked state.

Ye aaj bolne nahi dega kisi ko! (He won't let anyone speak today)!*Giggles*

Diksha didn't know how to react to the things happening. She just looked at her father and Vidyut turn by turn.

"But, beta..."

Vidyut was going to interrupt him again when Mrinal scolded him.

"Vidyut let him speak first. You aren't letting him complete his sentence. You must know the matter before reacting this way."

"But uncle, wo keh rahe wo le jayenge... (he is saying that he will take...)"

Vidyut tried to object again but, this time Mayank interrupted him.

"Sirf tumhari aunty ko (Just your aunty)... And not Diksha." Mayank completed his sentence and chuckled, shaking his head at Vidyut's impatient behaviour.

"What do you mean, papa?" Diksha asked, frowning at her father.

"Means, I and your mother need to go back now. I received an email last night stating my non-paid leave is over and I need to report in two days." Mayank added, clearing the confusion for everyone.

And, indeed, everybody sighed in relaxation after knowing the actual reason.

"Ohh... I see..." Vidyut couldn't say anything more than this as he was turning red in embarrassment.

How can I be so stupid? He mentally scoffed at himself.

"Haan beta... koi tumhare bhaiya bhabhi ko alag nahi kar raha (yes, son, nobody's separating your bhaiya and bhabhi)." Annapurna teased him and he felt his behaviour more embarrassing.

"Nahi, I was just..." he licked his lips, trying to form some sensible sentence concealing his stupidly embarrassed state.

"Yeah, yeah we understand, you were worried for your bhaiya that you think we are going to separate them... be rest assured, son, we would never do so. They are too precious for us to think of doing any such thing to them." Mayank said and the parents chuckled looking at Vidyut scratching his head.

"I'll be back in a while!" Saying so, Vidyut almost ran out of there, hiding his embarrassment. Everyone chuckled at his childishness.

Diksha was looking at everything and she thanked God for some unknown thing. She internally felt happy for how Vidyut behaved, getting worried for them.

"So, we need to leave tonight only." Mayank's voice caught her attention and her mood turned sad hearing the news. She looked down feeling low

She didn't know when her eyes welled up and a tear rolled down her cheek.