CHAPTER 8

Aakarsh's POV :-

I woke up early morning, though, I usually get up before sunrise, but today I was earlier than other days, reason ---- the surprise thing which 'HE' was talking about.

I seriously did not sleep peacefully last night. My mind was continuously pondering over 'that thing'. I am still unable to decode his words and this whole surprise drama.

I picked up my phone and move to the terrace while checking some notifications, when a certain message caught my attention.

Last night Mr. Mehra was behaving very strangely over the messages, but he said he will call today, I'm hope everything gets clear.

"Krish, beta aaj bahot jaldi uth gaya?" I was pulled out of my thoughts with Mom's voice. I turned back to see her.
(Krish, son you got up too early today?)

"Kya baat hai? You look disturbed!" She frowned as she saw my perplexed expressions.
(What's the matter? You look disturbed!)

Last night too she had asked me if everything is alright or not, since I was quite lost in my thoughts while having dinner.

"Kuchh nahin Maa wo bas nind khul gai jaldi aaj."
(Nothing Mom, just woke up soon, today.)

"Tu kal se pareshan lag raha hai beta kya baat hai, bata na?" She asked caressing my face with her hands.
(You are looking disturbed since last night what happened son, tell me?)

"Maa it's just workload. A little stressed over the new deal I signed yesterday. Nothing serious, trust me."

Though, I tried my best to assure her, still she isn't convinced with my answer.
But, I can't tell you Maa. Everything has got a little fine after so many difficulties. I can't let it shatter again. I have to handle it on my own this time, without letting you people --- get affected.

"To itna tension kyu le rha hai, mera bacha bahot smart hai, I know Tu sab ache se manage kar lega." She said kissing my forehead.
(Then why are you taking tension, my child is very smart, I know you will manage everything very well.)

I noticed her face, she was looking weak. The fine lines of wrinkles, are the result of overstressing. My mom was never like this. She was the strongest person I could ever know. But nowadays, she has become more fragile. All because of that incident. Only if I had acted strongly and maturely, this wouldn't have been the situation.

"Mom ain't you taking proper rest? You're looking so weak and old !"

"Hawww....Tu kehna chahta hai main buddhi ho rahi hoon? Buddhe honge tere papa, main nahi; main to abhi bahot jawan hoon." She glared me playfully.
(Hawww....you wanna say that I'm getting old? You're dad has become old not me, I'm still very much young. )

"Oye main tumhe buddha dikhta hoon tumhe?"
(Hey, do I look old to you?)
We turned to see the source of the voice when we saw Dad coming towards us.

"Ab hain to dikhenge hi, dekhiye sach kadva hota hai par accept to karna padega na." Mom commented playfully.
(You look old cause you're actually old, see the truth is bitter but we have to accept it.)

I smiled watching their lovely banter.

"Tu kya hans raha hai? Tujhe bhi main buddha dikhta hoon? Ab Maa ke chamche ki tarah haan mat bol dena." Dad fake glared at me.
(What are you smiling at? Do I look like an old man to you too? Now, don't say yes like mom's minion.)

"Aye, mere bete ko kuch matt boliye. Aapse sachai hazam nahi ho rahi, accept that!" Mom said.
(Hey! don't tell anything to my son. You can't digest the truth, accept that!)