CHAPTER 79

Writer's POV:- 

"No, he didn't put my life at risk, officer." Diksha interrupted immediately, opposing the senior officer's words. Their attention was automatically shifted to the only lady in the room.

"What do you mean, Mrs Verma? Your husband here is admitting that he had an idea of Palash's vicious plans and you are saying he didn't risk your life!" The officer frowned curiously.

"Yes, Sir, he didn't risk my life as I wanted to help him willingly." Cleared Diksha, being very confident with her answer. 

"Then why did you say you have no idea of the tracker?" The officer asked in an amused tone. Diksha looked at him for a second before explaining her part and contribution to the whole planning. 

"Because that's also true. Not complicating it more, I knew something was bothering Aakarsh when he came to my place for our wedding. So, I asked him directly, but just to keep me protected he refrained from disclosing this matter to me. However, on my extreme insistence, he told me that we need to be alert and that someone might try to stop our wedding." She explained, taking a look at her husband at last.

"As Neel and Stuti were already on our minds, we were sure they would be the ones. So, I told him that I don't want him to deal with everything alone and forced him to tell me what was bothering him. Reluctantly, he agreed and disclosed that someone wants to harm me in this whole process to defeat him." She continued in a grimaced tone.

"Though he didn't tell me the name of that person or the full story, he alerted me that if something happens... like me getting stuck in an unpleasant situation, then I must not fear and try to distract the person for some time till Aakarsh reaches there. This was risky but needed to catch the culprits red-handed."

Aakarsh interlaced their fingers under the table, drawing circles on her skin as he knew how hard it was for her to remember the particular event.

"Weren't you afraid that if Mr. Verma wouldn't have made it in time, anything would have happened?" The officer asked the obvious with curiosity peeking out his tone.

Diksha looked at him blankly. Those last minutes before Aakarsh arrived at her rescue in that warehouse flashed before her eyes. A bitter taste settled in her mouth at the remembrance.

Dread-filled moments!

Every passing minute was horrible! 

Each second felt like thousands of years… definitely, she was scared; but deep down she knew her Aakarsh would not let anything happen to her. He had promised and she trusted! 

It was just a matter of a few more seconds and BOOM… the game was changed for Palash… exactly how they had planned.

Diksha tightened her fingers in Aakarsh's grip as she cleared her throat to answer honestly.

"As a girl, I was! I was scared because that pathetic man was nearing me. But, amid all this, I knew Aakarsh would be there any moment. He had promised me and I trusted he would not let anything happen to me. So, getting scared was a natural reaction, but I had full trust in my husband's plan." She completed, looking proudly at Aakarsh. Her eyes had turned glassy, as they locked their eyes for the briefest moment. Aakarsh nodded his head sideways, pressing her palm. 

The old officer looked amused at the young couple. He couldn't believe they actually backfired the whole plan on the culprits themselves. 

"I still think you guys have taken a bit too much of a risk. There could have been some other way to catch that man red-handed or better you should have sought help from the police." The officer opinionated, suggestively, masking his amusement. His question pulled the couple out of their trance and Aakarsh nodded, turning his face back to the officer.