CHAPTER 73

Writer's POV:-

A series of loud gasps were heard from everyone present on the lawn. Soon it took the face of slow commotion as people started talking about the news broken to them. Ladies gathered around Annapurna,  started asking her knowledge regarding the matter.

Mayank saw his wife and daughter going blank on the news, before things could have gotten out of control, he composed himself confirming the news, "Police?" He asked Nakul.

"Yes, sir, and they are not listening to anyone. Let's go fast." Nakul nodded his head in a hurry, briefing the scene there on the hotel, urging Mayank. 

The men wouldn't even have moved a step properly when two loud voices stopped them, "I'll also come!" Annapurna and Diksha declared. Restlessness scattered all over their faces.  

"No, Let me go there first and look into the matter," Mayank said in a final tone, discarding any possibilities of arguments. He left with Nakul and the other man. 

Diksha held her mother and restlessly appealed, "Mumma, please let me go there!" Her anxiety was visible in her tone, she looked at Annapurna with pleading eyes. 

"Beta, as your papa said, let him see what's the matter. I can understand your situation, but we need to have patience in times of urgency. " Annapurna caressed her face, trying to calm her down.

"But —" 

"Okay, let's do one thing. I'll call Krishna or better you call Krish. We will get to know what's happening there, okay?" Suggested Annapurna, cutting her words in between.

Diksha nodded hastily and asked Sejal for her phone. Annapurna looked around and asked the ladies to excuse them for some time. She even asked her mother to let her and Diksha have a talk with the Vermas alone. 

Somehow steadily stumbling her feet, Diksha reached her room with Annapurna and Sejal as she was trying to contact Neev about the situation. 

"No one is effing receiving the call," Diksha slammed her phone on the bed and sat with her hand in her hair, clutching it tightly in tension. Her eyes reddened and frantically moved on, glaring at the floor in frustration.

She just wanted to run to Aakarsh anyhow, alas! Nothing but wait was all she can do right now!

The calls went unanswered as no one from the hotel received them, increasing her heartbeats. Neither Aakarsh nor Krishna attained the call when Annapurna and Diksha both called three times. Even Neev's call went unanswered, raising the parameter of their anxiety. 

"Diksha, calm down. I'm hopeful, nothing bad will happen!" Sejal kept a consoling hand on her shoulder,

She didn't pay heed to her words and picked up her phone as her mind pushed her to call Vidyut. Luckily, this time her call was received. 

"Hello!"

"Vidyut, what has happened there? Why is the police there?" She rose to her feet and questioned hastily as soon the call was received. 

"Bhabhi…" 

"Yes Vidyut,… hello… hello!"

Before she could hear any answer, she heard the commotion on his end and the line went dead. Leaving her more into the ocean of dilemma and restless state. She stared at the disconnected call on her phone then at her mother with helpless eyes.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

The Hotel:-

Mayank rushed inside the reception area only to meet with the police team arguing with someone. Tearing the crowd of relatives and hotel staff in his way, he went ahead only to be shocked by the scene. Abhay Verma and his son Neel Verma had their hands cuffed and the police were asking them to cooperate. Aakarsh, Neev and Vidyut were talking to senior officers present on the spot, whereas Mrinal stood silently beside the boys.