CHAPTER 74

Writer's POV:-

"No, wait... " Aakarsh stepped closer to her, "Come on put it," he urged, quickly. People chuckle at his urgency but he cared less. His girl was the centre of his focus right now and no way he would let her go.

No more risks... who knows she might refuse to put it at all. She was his wild kitten for a reason.

Diksha paused too as he waited for her, looking innocently.

She gave him a victorious smirk and then at his supporters - cousins who were encouraging him to win! While all her girl gang roared in cheer and joy, knowing who was actually winning there.

Enthusiasm was rushing in veins like blood as they encouraged the bride.

"That's the power, Di!" The girls cheered and heard a chorus scowl from the groom's side of cousins.

Aakarsh threw them a mad glare too, but then looked at his wife, silently requesting her, "Come on!" He pleaded.

Yes, he literally pleaded! And he had no shame in accepting it as it was Diksha, his girl, on the receiving end!

"No... you teased me... you suffer!" Her face was full of smugness as she taunted, obviously, enjoying the situation. Her lips pressed, hiding the notorious smile.

Aakarsh looked around the guest giving him teasing glances, their parents shook their heads too. He surely had messed up with her at the wrong time. Not keeping his weapons yet, he requested again in a low voice, though luring his bride.

"Jaan, your poor husband is waiting... do it, baby!" Cooing her, he looked at her cutely, making her eyebrows raise in astonishment.

This man was just boosting his ego and not coming down! Her mind chided

At the same time Annapurna interrupted their hushed conversation, "Diksha, do it fast, beta, Pandit Ji is calling for the rituals!"

Hearing her mother's call, she replied to him, "Don't think you're saved, Mr. Verma. The revenge will be taken." With that, she eyed him to bring his head down and put the rose garland on his neck. People clapped, while Aakarsh smiled at her, gazing intently "I'll be waiting for your revenge, Mrs. Verma!"

His words made her heart skip a bit, she realised she was indeed Mrs. Verma and after today it will be verified by all traditions too.

A gooey feeling fluttered her heart, she didn't know when her face turned scarlet, challenging the prettiest hue of dawn.

"Let's go," Aakarsh held her hand and interlaced their fingers as they were to sit in the Mandap (a decorated setup for a Hindu wedding. a Sample image in the media box.)

The bride and groom were taken to Mandap which was beautifully made on the lawn. The golden chandeliers hung all around the lawn as it was semi-covered from upside. This was Diksha's request to not cover it fully. She wanted to get married under the stars where the moon and starry sky would be blessing their union. The enormous lawn was decorated with several beautiful drapes of golden, red and white flowers, especially roses.

All dreams and a fairy wedding... what swelled their hearts was the person they would call theirs for a lifetime now!

The priest asked Aakarsh and Diksha to sit together. Their cousins sat around them teasing the couple until the wedding started; Sejal just behind Diksha for her help.

"Bhai, you still have time, save your freedom, let's run away!" Neev mocked playfully, making everyone laugh. As it was still some minutes considering the priest preparing for the holy fire, they enjoyed the silly teasing and leg-pulling.