CHAPTER 75

Writer's POV:-

It's never easy for the parents to send their daughter away especially if she is their only child. It's never easy for a daughter to leave her parents no matter how young or old she is. It is the toughest phase of their life which they have to bear at all cost. Diksha and her parents were going through the same phase. After meeting all her cousins and sejal, she broke out in her parent's embrace. Mayank & Annapurna took their daughter in their arms as they cried their hearts out. 

"I know we don't have to say this to you but please take care of my daughter." Mayank requested Mrinal and Krishna and Aakarsh, emotionally hugging his daughter close to his heart. They all were standing in front of the car. The door was open for them. 

"She is not your daughter only, Mayank, she is our daughter too!" Marinal smiled at Mayank, patting his shoulder.

Krishna hugged Annapurna, wiping her tears, "We can understand your worry, but please be rest assured. She is going to her other home only!" 

Aakarsh touched Diksha's parents feet and Mayank took him in a fatherly hug, "Don't mind her silliness, beta, she is very innocent at heart!" He requested as they parted.

"I know, Papa!" He mumbled in response and smiled at Mayank, reassuringly. 

"I'll miss you!" Diksha hugged her parents one last time, sobbing silently.

"We'll miss you too, my child." Annapurna wiped her tears and kissed her forehead.  Mayank did the same before he helped her sit inside the car. 

The people from the groom's side settled in all the cars and it was just the parents left.

"We will be waiting for you!" Mrinal said and hugged Mayank while Krishna embraced her best friend.

"Inform us when you'll reach there!" Annapurna reminded Krishna as they will be leaving for Delhi in three hours. 

It was already 4:30 in the morning when all the rituals were completed before Vidai, and they had an early morning flight as Krishna wanted to welcome her daughter-in-law directly to her home. So, they were directly going to the airport. As there were many works pending, Mayank and Annapurna were not accompanying them. 

"Sure. Now smile." Krishna patted her friend's shoulder. Annapurna gave her a small emotional smile. Mrinal and Mayank sat in the car as they all were ready to go. 

Diksha looked out of her window and waved at her parents who were mirroring her actions with a heavy heart. As they went out of sight she settled in her seat and sobbed silently. 

Aakarsh asked for the water bottle from Vidyut, who was sitting in the passenger's seat beside Neev who was driving. Noticing the emotional moment, Vidyut and Neev didn't say anything and let Aakarsh console his newly wedded wife. 

"Here," Aakarsh held the bottle to her lips. She took a few sips and denied for more. 

He knew what phase she is going through and no words can console her at the moment, thus Aakarsh didn't try to console her with useless words. Instead, he showed his love and support in his affectionate actions.

"Come here!" He pulled her in his arms, hiding her in his chest. 

He pulled out his handkerchief and wiped her tears. She held him tightly and cried silently in chest. His actions touched her as she was thankful, internally, for Aakarsh didn't pester her to stop crying. A girl has the right to cry when she is leaving her house, her parents. All she expects from her husband is to understand her, hold her warmly and love her in this phase and that's what Aakarsh did.