CHAPTER 62

Writer's POV:-

"It's hurting everywhere. Damn, I can't get up!" Aakarsh huffed in pain, trying to get up. Diksha had brought their dinner into the room as per Krishna's order. But, when she came he was sleeping. She woke him up, but he complained about excessive body pain.

Obviously, the effect of the injection was over some hours ago. Then he adamantly walked downstairs to drop Diksha's parents at the door, when he was advised strict bed rest for two days at least, and now was experiencing pain.

True to the doctor's words, he can't even get up on his own now, just the time was slightly different. The doctor predicted it to be in the morning and he is experiencing it at night. Perhaps, the after medicine pushed the pain aside for some hours.

"What happened to the strong man?" Diksha teased him, as she had been asking him to take a rest since evening but he was walking on the lawn in the name of getting fresh air.

"I'm still strong it's just these stupid wounds are open... that's why." Aakarsh lowered his whimpers, trying to act strong.

"Yes, yes... I know these stupid wounds are troubling you, otherwise your strong. Come let me apply the ointment on the wounds then it will be covered up and you will be jumping around the next moment." She said and picked up the ointment from the table.

"Okay, okay... no need to tease me. I accept it's hurting everywhere." Aakarsh said, and Diksha smirked victoriously before helping him sit.

They had their dinner after which she gave him his medicines.

"Call the doctor and ask him to change the medicines. These aren't working." Aakarsh said, annoyingly when his every body part was sore and paining badly.

"They will work only when you won't behave stubbornly. Now let me apply the ointment." She said and picked up the tube to apply, but then realised something looking at his chest and kept it back.

"Kya hua? (What happened?)" He asked, noticing her actions and her gaze on his clothed chest.

"Nothing, I think I should call, Maa. She will apply the ointment!" She said slowly realising, she had to apply it on his bare skin and tried to get up when he held her wrist.

"Are you shying away because you have to apply it on my bare skin?" He asked understanding the matter when a red hue appeared on her cheeks.

"It's just... you will be comfortable with, Maa..." she said looking down.

He tugged on her wrist lightly and she sat near him. Close enough to hear his whispers.

"The reason why I was wishing you to stay with me yesterday was this comfort, Jaan. I don't know how you would take it, but I'm more comfortable with you for any personal and private things now than anyone else. I don't know when it became like this, but it is what it is!" He whispered, putting a bunch of her hair behind her left ear.

She looked at him, hearing his pure confession.

"I hope you understand!" He said more like asked.

"Hmm..." she hummed and nodded positively.

"Help me take the shirt off." He opened his buttons and looked at her for help as his arms were too stiff to move freely. As a result, he couldn't take off his shirt without her.

She got up and shifted closer to him. Pulling his shirt backwards, she took it out completely and kept it aside. All this while the redness of her cheeks increased more as she blushed looking at his shirtless body.