CHAPTER 83

Diksha’s POV:-

My eyes widened at the scene. Three of them fell above each other on the ground. An involuntary call of his name escaped out of my mouth. 

“What the hell, man? Can’t you stand straight?” Neev growled, getting up first, then Vidyut, and then Aakarsh. 

“Excuse me? For your kind information, it was you leaning on us.” Snapped my husband.

“But because of you both, I tripped.” Vidyut chipped in, stressing the word 'I', throwing a pissed glare at his brother and Neev. 

“Shut up, it was his fault,” Neev grumbled again,

“Yours!” retorted Aakarsh, shrugging his coat.

Now they aren’t getting late! I rolled my eyes and signalled Sejal to walk. Let them bicker here the whole night. We took our clutches and walked ahead of them. I don't need to turn back to see their eyes poking out of their heads as we left them behind. 

"Hey, wait!" As expected my husband shouted the loudest and strode behind us along with the other two.

"We were supposed to go together," Aakarsh held my hand as we stepped down the stairs.

"Yeah, but with the leisure you guys were arguing, I thought it's better to utilise the time." I gave him a tight-lipped smile. 

"And, Jiju, she will go with me!" Sejal interrupted, but before Aakarsh could come in his Hulk mode and make his claim on me, she was dragged back by Neev. 

"Oh, hello, you're coming with me, and no arguments," Neev said in a final tone, before pulling her fastly ahead of us.

"How does he even tolerate her?" My husband dearest made a bad face looking at the way Neev took Sejal. 

I didn't pay any heed to his annoyance towards my best friend and headed towards the hall. I saw my parents as well as Aakarsh's parents all ready and waiting for us. Perhaps, the rest of the guests have already left. Mumma Papa opened their arms seeing me.

"Nobody ever looked as pretty as my daughter." Papa kissed my forehead, patting my head, as we three broke the hug. Some warm tears welled up in my eyes; I saw them tearing up as well.

Today, I met them after two days, though I might have talked to them over phone calls many times since I came here after the wedding, meeting them in person made me emotional.

And this one thought pricked my heart again that, hereafter, I won't be able to see my parents as often as every morning, every night and every day. Hereafter, I will be staying miles away from them for the rest of my life and would probably need to wait long hours to see them. And Hereafter, I won't be able to run to my parents immediately if I feel low, for they will be staying away from me.

Mumma understood my emotions. She pulled me to her chest and patted my head. "Shhhh... Why are you crying, my child? See, we are here with you." 

"I missed you both!" That was all I could muffle in her chest. I wrapped my hands tightly around her.

"We missed you too, beta!" She replied, caressing my hair. I felt Papa's hand too on my head.

"Okay, I don't want to interrupt and spoil the moment, but, you see we are getting late and the cars are ready. So, can we please leave now?" Vidyut's voice interrupted the moment and I wiped the corners of my eyes before pulling myself away from Mumma.

"And you need to keep your makeup fresh for the next few hours!" Krishna Maa said in a light tone making us all chuckle.

We left our home with Roger driving Aakarsh, Vidyut, and I to the venue, and both our parents came in another car. Within ten minutes we were outside the beautifully decorated hotel — Grand Empire, which was the venue of our reception.