CHAPTER 49

Writer's POV :-

"Papa/uncle…" Diksha and Aakarsh shrieked at the sudden loud voice. 

They turned to see the person and to their horror, it was none other than Mayank. 

Mayank shouted as he saw them and listening to his voice the other three elders rushed there quickly.

"What happ…" Mrinal stopped in the middle as they saw the scene in front of them.

They stood there with their mouths hung wide open and eyes bulging at the sight of a fully drenched Aakarsh and Diksha. 

Yes, the parents saw them again! 

But, this time in a cozier way! 

Love & crazy,

They were wet & cosy! (* hahahaha*)

Though the parents knew they — Aakarsh and Diksha — were spending time with each other, whenever they had free time, to know each other better but never did they think of witnessing something more than a hug. 

Being the father of a girl, who happens to be his only child, it is highly weird for Mayank to see Diksha in the arms of Aakarsh, that too, in such a state.

The elders were gaping again and again not knowing what to speak or more precisely, unable to form any appropriate sentence to say to their children. 

No, they didn't do anything bad, it's just the elders were super awkward to witness something like this. Something which should have been under the secured moments of Aakarsh and Diksha's privacy. 

'Uhhu…' Mayank cleared his throat to avoid the awkwardness a bit, which got Diksha's attention, and she wiggled in Aakarsh's arms to get down. 

But Aakarsh being Aakarsh didn't budge an inch and continued to hold her securely. He kept looking at their parents with a blank expression unaware of the fact that this action of his is making them awkward. 

Damn! Man, sometimes our hero is a certified dumbest creature! 

(*author is writing this sentence after keeping a big black wala stone on her chota sa heart*)

Diksha wiggled again to get on her legs but couldn't reach the floor as Aakarsh was holding her right.

"Huh… what?" Aakarsh asked, shifting his gaze from the elders to her, as he noticed her continuous wiggling. He had this confused expression.

"Leave me, you duffer…" Diksha whispered, pinching hard on his arms this time.

"Oh, okay," He said, getting an idea of the situation, dropping her on her feet immediately.

They turned again to their parents who were just noticing the happenings between their children awkwardly after coming out of their temporary state of shock.

The earlier grinning couple was now standing there speechless, embarrassed, and nervous, not knowing what to say. 

Haste haste lag gaye raste.! (Landed in the way of trouble while laughing hard!) (*Yuck! My translation skills!*)

"So," Mrinal and Mayank said together and then looked at each other nodding their heads.

"How did you both get drenched?" Krishna asked, nodding at Annapurna, knowing very well that the two men will spend the entire night but wouldn't ask anything properly.

"Wo… Wo hum terrace pe khade the phir barish aa gayi phir humne socha aayi hai to chali bhi jayegi phir hum khade reh gaye par barish nahi gayi aur hum khade khade bheeg gaye. (That… that we were standing on the terrace. Then the rain came, then we thought that if it had come, it would go away. Then we stood still. But, the rain didn't go away and we got wet while standing.)" Diksha said in a breath but then shut her eyes quickly making a crying face, as she realised what damn shit she uttered just now.