CHAPTER 24

Standing on the terrace, Aakarsh was staring the black star-studded sky when he heard someone's footsteps advancing towards him. He didn't need to turn or guess who it could be; her fragrance was enough for him to recognise her.

Diksha was making coffee for herself when she saw him going towards terrace. Since she was also going there; she took another mug for him.

"The mighty Aakarsh Verma likes star gazing too! Interesting!"

"Too..?" He frowned at her words.

"Yeah, you see hobbies apart from shouting, ordering and scaring people, and yeah irritating the hell out of me.." she teased him.

He smiled and turned towards her taking the other mug from her hand.

"Done taunting..?" He asked taking a sip.

Pure bliss!

That's what he felt after having the first sip -- like a magic potion -- it calmed his mind.

"Hmm...done taunting!" She replied mischievously.

A beautiful smile crept across his lips and he just started at her intensely.

"What..what are you thinking?" She asked raising one of her eyebrows.

"Yahi ki, mooh ke alawa kuch to acha bana leti ho (that, you can make something good....apart from making faces at least.)" She glared at him hearing his words while Aakarsh was just enjoying the changing expression of hers.

"Taareef seedhe karni nahi aati to chup raha karo (just be quite if you don't know how to compliment)." He was just looking at the black mole under her lips -- it was moving as she was speaking.

"Taareef nahi bas bataya hai, waise thodi aur achi ban sakti thi (not a compliment, just told it, well it could have been a bit better) , but koi ni there's always a next time you know!" He teased again just to see her reaction which he apparently find cute.

"Next time...huh...you wish." She rolled her eyes.

"You have no idea what I exactly wish for." He said in a whisper --- looking intensely deep into her brown shining orbs --- orbs that were drowning him. Her eyes got stuck with his, she didn't know what happened but no word came up in her mind.

All blank

As if some spell have been casted, they were all silent and were just looking into each other's eyes. Oblivious to their surroundings and actions. The way he said those words and intensity of his gaze; both were making her weak in her knees. They knew it wasn't good, still they couldn't tore their eye-lock.

"Tumhari aankhein....(you eyes....) "Unknowingly Aakarsh murmured.

"Meri aankhein...(my eyes....) "

Before Aakarsh could continue his fingers got dipped into the hot coffee he was holding.

"Sshhh...." He hissed and shook his fingers breaking their reverie.

" Zyada jala...(is it burning more) ?" She asked worriedly.

"Nah...it's okay now." He said sucking the affected finger. She nodded in response.

They sat on the swing after some time.

"Since we have decided to be friends....I think it's better to know each other a bit...what say?" She asked.

"I know what you wanna know and I'll definitely answer you question.... not because we are going to be friends but because I want to tell you." He said looking into her eyes again.

"Diksha I don't know why but my mind and heart wants to make things clear for you. I don't what you to have any misconceptions or misunderstanding about me and my past. And please.... please don't ask me the reason --- why my mind and heart wants this --- because I myself don't know the answer.  It's just, they aren't at peace." He said

She stared him for some good minutes before speaking.

"Okay...I'll not ask, but I won't deny the fact also, that I do want to know about that letter and those ..." She stopped in middle knowing it may hurt him.

He closed his eyes remembering those awful moments and that dreadful day. Hurt was visible on his face. From his facial expressions, anybody can figure out that he is in pain.

"I, sexually harassed someone."

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠