41. I still think you're gay Nick

Jonas' POV

I'm getting sick of working in this stupid ice cream parlour. Everyday it's the same god damned thing. Nothing interesting ever happens. "Hey guys, can I take your order?" I ask Finlay, Elena, Nick, Aber, Adam, Grace, Ruby and Ricky.

"We're still waiting for someone." Ricky answers. God, I hate him.

"This is everyone you hang out with though." I say confused.

"I invited someone." Ricky says and turns away and starts talking to Nick. I shrug it off and go take a different tables' orders. I get back to the counter and tell Beth their order of which she makes and delivers. I watch the world through the glass doors as it continues on without me when I hear the familiar roar of a motorbike. I expect to see Levi get off the beautiful black bike that pulls up outside of the shop but instead a female gets off. This bike looks identical to Levi's bike. As much as a female riding a bike is hot, it disappoints me because it's not my best friend.

The girl faces the road as she takes her helmet off, her black hair cascades down her back. She takes off her leather riding jacket to expose her fully tattooed arms. This chick is hot in her skin tight black jeans, leather flat soled boots that come up just below her knees and loose black tank top. The girl turns around and makes her way inside. She has reflective sunglasses on and her lips have been painted a bright red with lipstick.

She walks straight past me and sits down next to Ricky. That's who Ricky invited? And she said yes? With my mouth slightly agape, I make my way over to where they're sitting. The girl had taken her glasses off and is talking to Ruby as if they were old friends. The girl's eyes look familiar but look unfamiliar with the amount of pain and suffering in them. As soon as she talks I know exactly who she is. "Guys I have something to tell you and you're not going to like it. Jonas you need to hear this too." She turns to me. Teddy. Teddy is back in New Zealand. But there is something wrong if she's back, where is– "Levi died in a car crash a few days ago in Tokyo. He didn't suffer any pain. He died instantly." Tears drip down her cheeks and she quickly wipes them away, not wanting to look weak.

"No you're lying. This has got to be a joke. He's going to walk through those doors and we are all going to laugh at the practical joke you're pulling." Ruby yells accusingly at Teddy, tears brimming in her eyes. "He can't have died."

"I wish I was joking Ruby but I was there when the crash happened and I saw my twin brother die. I wish I was the one in that crash; that I died instead of him, but I didn't. We have to say our final goodbyes then move on with our lives." Ben said that he always thought that Teddy would be the one to die in a car crash. I now know why he said that.

"Fuck Teddy, how many deaths have you witnessed this past year?" Adam asks, his face void of all emotion. He looks as if he's taking it best, then again the worst.

"Five," Teddy says grimly. "I knew all of them." Ruby breaks down crying, her head burying itself in the crook of Aber's neck.

It's hard to believe really, my best friend is dead. Stone cold dead. We're all just staring at each other shocked. Levi was always so careful while driving, never once got into an accident, well until that day obviously.

"So what's happening for the funeral?" I ask as I slide into the booth. Teddy nods and takes a deep breath before speaking.

"It's in three days. I'd like you guys to write something for it. I won't be able to speak, um," tears start forming in her eyes, "so I need you guys to do it." She wipes the tear trailing down her cheek away. "Well I should get going. Finlay can you please come with me? I don't want to be alone at the moment."

"Yeah sure, I came with Nick and Grace anyways." He smiles and jumps on the table and walks off the other side.

***Three days later***

"We are all gathered here today in the celebration of Levi Stefan Miller's . . ." why do they say celebrate? It's a fucking funeral, not a wedding or birthday. Teddy was right when she said she wouldn't be able to speak. Apparently she hasn't stopped crying since she woke up this morning. Finlay hasn't left her side since Saturday when she came into my work.

Everything is a blur until we are called up to speak. Ruby speaks for all the girls, they're all in tears. Next goes Adam and Nick. Then it's my turn. Ricky watches intently from the back. "Levi was always one for practical jokes and loved having a good laugh. I remember this one time last year we pulled our biggest prank. We bought hundreds of cans of shaving foam and we snuck out one night and sprayed it all in the school pool. We got in huge trouble but it was fun so the punishment didn't bother us too much. Levi was a great man and will be missed by everyone. He shouldn't have left this world so young." We all take our seats together.

The day drags on and on and on. Teddy looks absolutely exhausted, her eyes are blood shot and she hasn't stopped crying. We're all staying at the Miller mansion to keep her company. She's been glued to Ricky's side all day today. I think they might be getting back together, and honestly, I'm happy for them. I'll find my forever one day and I think Ricky is Teddy's forever.

Finlay disappears as soon as we arrive at Teddy's. I guess him and Elena need some alone time. The girls disappear upstairs moments later and just Adam, Nick, Ricky and I are left. "So who wants to play video games?" Nick asks already making his way downstairs.

"I'm in." I say and follow.

"Sure." I hear Adam say.

"Okay." Ricky yells running after us.

"Dibs first!" I dive for the couch, grabbing a controller in the process. Nick snatchers up the other and takes a seat on me. "I still think you're gay Nick, and using Aber as a cover." I laugh, pushing him off of me.

"I would never." He says in a gay voice he does oh so well and starts giggling.