29. Slightly depressing

Jonas' POV

So this is what a broken heart feels like. The funny thing is that I broke my own heart, I should have trusted Hailey and not Beth. But no, I was born a guy, I don't listen to my heart or other people. Now because I didn't listen I have lost my true love and never getting her back, I don't even know if she's coming back to New Zealand. She might meet a guy, fall in love and get married.

"Hey nerd, are you listening to me?" Colin says shaking me back to reality, I quickly nod, "You hand me my English essay tomorrow or I get my football mates to give you a visit. Are we clear?" he hisses, holding me up against my locker by my shirt.

"Y-yes s-s-sir completely c-c-clear," I stutter. How did I get into this situation? I'm smart and my friends can't defend anyone else let alone themselves. I had no friends, so I was left on my own until the smart group took me in and befriended me. Yeah, I know, dropped to the bottom of the social food chain, all the way from the top. Slightly depressing isn't it. Most definitely.

So here I am being shoved against a locker and threatened because I'm smart. Doesn't quite add up does it. Ten days since Hailey broke up with me and seven days after she's left, I've turned into a total nerd. I've even started wearing my glasses again. Yes, I Jonas O'Connell, need glasses. I've given up wearing contacts.

"Good," Colin hisses at me, drops me to the ground and kicks my stomach. I let out a loud groan of pain, he spits on me and walks off. I try to stand up, my legs shaking and twitching. I finally stand up just to fall back to the ground, I don't have any more energy left in me, I just sit there wincing in pain.

It's about five minutes after lunch when I get noticed. "What the fuck happened to you?" I hear a deep familiar voice ask. I don't know who it is. I don't to intend to find out.

"Why do you care?" I groan, grasping my stomach.

"Because you're obviously hurt. We used to be best mates Jonas, I have the right to care. Plus you look miserable and like shit." Now I had the need to look up and find out who is worried about me.

I look up slowly, expecting to see only one person standing in front of me. Instead I find four. "So which one of you were so concerned about me?'

"We're all concerned bro. but Adam was the one that found you." Nick explains.

"And why would Ricky be so concerned? He was the one that slept with my girlfriend." I sneer.

"Actually, she was your ex-girlfriend. If I remember correctly she started it, continued it and finished it." Ricky smirks. Wait, does he have an English accent? "But hey I'm still concerned. I mean you're sitting on the ground clutching your stomach. That's not normal." Yup, British, definitely British.

"It is if you're a nerd . . . which I am." I stutter.

"Dude do you want some help up?" Finlay asks.

"Yes please. That would be most appreciated." I groan.

"And do you want some help to the nurse's office?" Adam asks. I just nod as Finlay and Nick help me stand up.

I think my top has risen slightly because Nick is staring at my stomach. "Dude that looks painful." He states.

"Thank you for telling me that, I would never have figured that out on my own." I snap at him. Anger bubbling through my body.

"No need to snap dude." Nick holds his hands up in defence. "So who did this to you anyways?"

"Colin," I sigh, staring at the ground, "Colin did it." I state louder.

"Why?" Ricky gasps.

"He needs his English essay done and apparently of I don't give it to him tomorrow, the school football team will be visiting me. I don't think I want that visit to come." I mumble my explanation.

"I didn't know you were good at English." Adam comments to himself. "Well then again you don't have a certain female Miller twin to ogle at."

"You did not just say that. Dude she's not even that hot. Well not to me anyways, she's like my sister." Finlay complains.

"Dude Teddy isn't hot, she's fucking stunning." Nick sighs dreamily.

"Aren't you meant to be her gay best friend or something? That's just wrong." Adam smirks teasingly.

"Well I'm the only one here who know how good she is in the bedroom. And man, is she fine." Ricky boasts.

"Shut the fuck up dick bag, before I punch your face in." I growl rather loudly. "I don't need to be reminded that she fucked scum like you."

"So does scum know her favourite colour or car or even her favourite food. Ooh do you know her favourite song? I do. I know all of that, do you know why? I listen. The night you cheated, she sat on my lap all night and cried and cried. So you're saying that I'm scum? Me scum? Dude, you're the scum." Ricky rants and walks off.

The bad thing is, he is right, I don't know those things about Hailey. I never actually listened to her, never. I am the scum. I am a piece of fucking shit. Why did I not listen, if I listened, maybe I would still have a chance with Hailey.

"Can you stop touching me now? I want to leave, just leave me alone." I almost scream. "Don't talk to me, don't try to control me. I don't want to hear from anyone." I storm in the opposite direction from the nurse's office and towards the car pack.

I hear shouts from Nick and Adam as I run down the hallway towards my bike. I don't know where I'm going but I'm sure to find out when I get there.

I straddle my bike as it roars to life. I skid onto the street before riding away at high speeds. My bike going as fast as my brain. Nobody needs you, nobody wants you, nobody cares about you, and nobody will ever love you. You're just a piece of scum that nobody likes. Why are you still here?