35. Pink frilly apron

Jonas' POV

I sigh, Monday morning and no one is around. Sure there's Colin and his clan but for some reason Finlay and his friends aren't around. Not even Elena or Ricky. I haven't heard from Levi in about six months and it's quite worrying because I don't know how Hailey is. I really wish I didn't sleep with Beth that night. I don't even know what came over me. She mentioned something about sleeping with Colin. When did a relationship between those two happen? They never even looked to each other at school. I would know, my eyes were always on Hailey. Well until she moved to Japan.

"I heard they went to Japan." I hear a conversation being spoken between two girls in the hallway as I walk through school.

"Yeah, apparently they have all gone to visit Teddy and Levi Miller. Like all expenses paid holiday." The other girl replies, closing her locker door.

"Hello Ladies." I greet them. They look at me in disgust with an added scowl.

"Eww Britney, why is the cheat talking to us?" She flails her arms around, making eww noises.

"Eww I don't know, let's get out of here." So, what I got from that is that Finlay, Adam, Nick, Ricky, Ruby, Grace and Aber are in Japan. Ben and Elena are probably there too.

I promptly walk out of school and get on my motorbike. I'm going to see Nana. I don't feel like being at school today. I speed across town, not caring about other people on the roads. I park outside the ice cream parlour and walk in without enthusiasm. "Hey Nana, I came to see if you have a job going."

She thinks for a second, "I will always have a job going for you my dear boy. And a job has just come up. Ashley handed in her resignation this morning. Here you go." She hands me a pink frilly apron. I look at it in disgust but tie it on anyway. "Go get some orders and take those to the tables." Then she left to take her break.

I look at the orders and make the first tables. I take their order to their table, smile and head back to the counter. I do this for the next five waiting orders. A young couple comes in the door, their fingers laced together. They look happy and I'm jealous. Why couldn't I have a relationship like that? I fucked it up and then Levi went and fucked it up even more by telling the whole school I was a cheater.

"Welcome to Old Lady Betty's Ice Cream Parlour. May I take your order?" I say warmly after I show them to a booth. They nod and scan the menu. I stand there waiting until they have decided.

"I'll have cookie dough supreme please." The girl smiles at me as she orders. I nod and write her order down and the table number.

"I'll have the cappuccino deluxe." The guy orders rudely not even looking up at me. I write his order down and scramble away quickly and make their orders and deliver them. I sit behind the counter and pull out a travel magazine, flipping through the pages just looking at the photos. One photo in particular catches my eye. It's advertising a hotel in Japan.

The photo is next to a pool and there is a waiter holding a tray of drinks to a girl sunbathing in her bikinis. Levi is dressed as the waiter and Hailey is the girl sunbathing in her bikini. This is an advertisement for the Miller's hotel.

The photo on the next page is Levi in life guard shorts standing next to the pool as Hailey swims lengths of it. At least they have models that look good even though it is actually the Millers.

So that is what they are doing over there in Tokyo, they're being models. I laugh slightly at the thought of Hailey modelling, I mean she has the body for it, but I didn't think she would do it. Levi on the other hand is a show off and would have loved it.

The rest of the day goes smoothly. Lots of collage girls coming in and ordering ice cream and 'accidentally' leaving their numbers on the table. 3:30 came around and parents came in with their children after school. Winter this year isn't that cold, considering summer was a draught.

My stomach drops as I hear a familiar voice call as he comes through the door. "Sweetheart, come take our orders." Colin. I grind my teeth together as I move towards the booth Colin and his mates just sat down in. "Oh wow, you're a pig ugly bitch. Where is Ashley?" He snaps, not even trying to be quiet.

"She's gone to University down south, what would you fellas want?" I say as politely as I can.

"You to do my science essay." He pushes a stack of paper towards me. "Good luck Jonas." He gets up and leaves, his mates trailing behind him. Ugh more work of his that I have to do. I hate Colin. He is such a fucking asshole.

"Nana," I say as I go back to the counter, "can I have my break now?" She looks at the stack of paper before nodding. I gently place the paper down and take off my apron and hang it up. I slide the paper into my bag.

"Go home for the day Jonas, I can handle the rest of the day. See you later." She hustles me out of the door as I slip my bag onto my back. I climb onto my bike and revv it before taking off down the road at a high speed.