24. The Devil's love child

Levi's POV

"Welcome, I am Hailey Miller, and this is my brother, Levi." Hailey says shaking a man's hand.

"You must be Jack's twins, I've heard so much about you. He doesn't stop bragging about you two. I am Mr Hayashi, this is Chi-Chi and my wife." The man replies less formally than every other family and guest we have welcomed. Hailey nods and the man shakes my hand.

"Wow I hate being formal, this sucks." Hailey whispers to me as that family walks away.

"Just think about how much we are being paid and our cars arrive tomorrow." I whisper back as another family walks up the stairs towards us.

"Welcome, I am Hailey Miller, and this is my brother, Levi." Hailey says shaking another man's hand.

"This Ankoku, my eldest son and my wife. I am Mr Sasaki." The man replies formally.

"It is a pleasure to have you here Mr Sasaki, please enjoy. Our parents will be here soon." I smile politely.

Dad is paying us to greet all the guests to his formal party. It is overly repetitive, but the pay is good. We have greeted over a hundred families already.

Another family mound the stairs towards us. I see Hailey's jaw drop so I decide to take this one. "Welcome, I am Levi Miller, and this is my sister Hailey." I shake the man's hand.

"Nice to meet you. I am Mr Yamada and this is my son Ryder and my wife." Now I know why Hailey's jaw is millimetres from the floor. Ryder is good looking.

"Have a nice night Mr Yamada." I smile as they continue inside.

"Wow he is hot!" Hailey yell-whispers at me. "Welcome, I am Hailey and oh hello Daddy." Hailey says as dad pulls her into a hug.

"Hello darling. Come on then kids, we have people to converse with." Dad wraps his arm around mum and we all walk further into dad's hotel. We had talked to a few families when one of the children from a family ask Hailey for a dance.

Hailey is dancing with a twelve-year-old boy, and me well an eighty-year-old woman who smells like old people. Coincidence? I think not. After dancing with ten old woman a girl my age asks for a dance. I gladly accept. I think her name was Chi-Chi.

"It's Chi-Chi." She whispers in my ear.

"Oh, I know. I never forget the beautiful ones." I whisper back.

She blushes and looks at the ground, "So where are you from?"

"I'm from New Zealand." I smile weakly.

"Do you have a girlfriend back home?" she questions.

"Yeah, we are trying the whole long-distance thing." I tell her.

"Me too only my boyfriend is in America. I used to live there then I moved back a few months ago." Chi-Chi smiles sadly.

"Does it work? Long distance?" I ask warily.

"Not really, I'm sure he's cheating on me. I don't know why I am still with him." She sighs as the song finishes, "Oh, look here comes my devil of a sister, I better be off."

"You have a sister?" I ask astonished. Chi-Chi nods as she slips away.

I turn around and look in the direction Chi-Chi was looking, I see a hot chick from the shoulder up come up the stairs. She has black hair with a bright red fringe. From this distance I can tell she has dark eyes. Watching her as she climbs the stairs I expect her to be wearing as dress, but boy am I wrong. While every other female at this function is wearing dresses, this girl is wearing leather skinnys, red stilettos and a leather jacket. In her left arm is a black motorbike helmet, her nails are as red as her lips.

"Welcome Miss Hayashi to my family's function." I greet warmly.

"And you are?" she asks, her black eyes set on me.

"Levi Miller. I didn't catch your name." I comment.

"That would be because I didn't throw it." She turns and walks towards her father. I can't help but watch her walk away from me and damn that booty.

"Bitch, is she the Devil's love child or something? 'Cause she isn't all she thinks she is." I hear Hailey say as she walks up to me. "Anyways, I want to dance, come on bro." Hailey tugs on my hand.

"Uh I really don't want to dance with you." She gives me a death glare. "Okay, okay fine."

I give up and follow her to the middle of the dance floor. As we get there Thriller ay Michael Jackson starts plating. Hailey and I made and perfected a dance to this song when we were younger. We both start doing it. People from a circle around us and watch.

By the end, everyone else apart from Chi-Chi's sister has joined in. she just stares at me with a confused expression. Walking off the dance floor she pulls me to the side. "And what would you call that?" she asks

"It was fun." I say, attempting to turn away but her hand grasps my arm turning me back to her.

"That's what you call fun? Our definition of fun is obviously different. Let me show you my kind of fun." Her eyes sparkle with mischief. Her cold black eyes.

"Yes, that's what I call fun, my definition of fun is just wider than yours and no thanks I've had enough of being the bad boy." I sigh and look over to where Hailey is dancing with a strange boy.

"Is she your girlfriend or sister?"

"Sister."