18. Hot Japanese chicks

Levi's POV

"I'm going out. I can't take this shit." I yell at dad.

"Son, calm down, it's only until the end of next year. Then we'll be coming back." Dad tries to say calmly.

"Fuck you, dad. Fuck you both." I grab Hailey's hand and pull her downstairs to the garage. "Keys, I'm driving."

Hailey hands me the keys to her car, tears still running down her cheeks. She slides into the passenger seat and closes her eyes. Her bottom lip quivers slightly as she continues to sob.

I sigh as I pull out of the garage. I speed down the long driveway, making sure to do a loud skid. "They can't make us go, we're nearly 18." I try to help but I just make it worse.

"But we're not 18, they can do whatever they fucking like and we have no say in it. And the thing that makes it all worse is I have to break up with Jonas. I won't see our friends for a whole year and we're leaving before our birthdays." More tears erupt from her eyes.

"You don't have to break up with Jonas." I try to explain.

"Long distance relationships don't work Levi." Her eyes snap open and she glares at me, "Where the fuck are we going?"

"Get food. I'm hungry. Then home to the pool house. Do you have money on you?" I ask glancing over at her.

"Yea I've got the credit card dad gave me," she says handing it over, "same pin as yours."

We pull up at the supermarket. Hailey slowly gets out of the car, grabbing my hoodie in the process. She shrugs it on and pulls the hood over her head. We go into the store. I get a basket and fill it with junk food. Hailey follows silently behind me, not bothering to have an input.

The man behind the counter watches us as we walk up to him. I put the basket on the counter and he unpacks the food and scans it. "That's $43.63." I swipe the card and put the pin in. "Thank you have a good evening."

"You too." I respond before leaving with Hailey.

~~~

"Hailey wake up, we're home." I shake her shoulder gently. She makes a small groaning noise but doesn't wake up. "Sorry in advance if I drop you." I say as I open the passenger door and pick her up. Her head rolls around as I carry her down to the pool house, she's light but it still tires me out.

I place her on her bed and get the food from the car. Walking into the kitchen I find Finlay sitting on the bench. "Sup bro." he smirks at me, I don't bother replying. "So not talkative then, well I see. Anyways I came to tell you that Jonas' mum has done it again, he's quite literally black and blue."

I shrug my shoulders, grab a bottle of coke from the fridge and stroll into the lounge. Finlay follows behind, "What movie do you want to watch?" I ask him.

"Do you not care about Jonas?" Finlay asks getting mad.

"Yes of course I care about my best friend, but I have a few huge problems of my own right now." I almost yell.

"Bigger than being fucking abused?" he yells.

"Yes, it is bigger because I don't want to move to Japan!" I shout.

"What? When?" he asks.

"Friday. We leave on Friday." Hailey yawns walking towards us. "Please don't tell Jonas, I want to tell him."

"Okay what movie are we watching?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Whatever you want, I'm going back up to the house to pack." Hailey mutters.

"Why would you do that!?" I yell at her. Hailey doesn't flinch, her face stays calm.

"Because Levi, we are moving to Japan and we don't get a say in it. Just grow up and get over yourself." She lets out a breath and continues. "And this is a great opportunity for dad." She huffs.

"I'll start packing tomorrow." I comment warily. "Plus, there might be some hot Japanese chicks over there."

"Dude, I wish I was coming, they say Japanese chicks are crazy." Finlay chuckles.

"Have fun you guys, just not too much fun." Hailey says winking at me before leaving.

"Did she just imply that we are gay?" Finlay and I say at the same time, "We should get smashed, oh my god, stop it, no you stop it." Wow this can't get any creepier. "Done yet? Let's just do some shots." And it just did.

We walk to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of vodka on the way. I get out two shot glasses and Finlay pours. "1 . . . 2 . . . 3." We say together then tip back the shot.

~~~

"Levi." I hear someone call then a loud banging noise. "Levi?" the voice calls again, the banging louder this time. I slowly inch my eyes open. "Good now you and lover boy get up, we have school. Breakfast is on the table." I squint to see Hailey talking.

"What...? Lover boy?" I groan, rubbing my head.

"Do you even know where you are?" I shake my head and look around. I am in the bathroom. I slowly look behind me.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD FINLAY GET OFF ME!" I shout waking Finlay up.

"What happened last night? And why am I in a bath with you!?" he sits up in shock.

"Let's just say, you two drunk . . . a lot." Hailey comments before leaving the bathroom. I slowly stand up, clutching my head in my hands.

"Morning son," dad says as Finlay and I walk into the dining room. I nod as I slide my sunglasses on. Just looking at the food in front of me makes me feel sick.

"Ow man, I'm never drinking again." I groan. Everyone stares at me for a second before we all crack up laughing.

"Levi don't lie," mum remarks, we all laugh harder.

"No seriously. You drink more than me and I drink a lot!" Finlay claims.