38. You shouldn't have cheated on her

Jonas' POV

The school is buzzing with activity today. They're back, every single one of them. Well except Hailey and Levi. Aber and Nick look as in love as ever. Adam and Grace look even more in love. Finlay looks happy, a smirk present on his face every time I've seen him. And Ricky, he looks fucking depressed. His eyes aren't shining, his mouth pulled down into a sullen look. Even though I don't like the guy, I feel sorry for him. He must have been dumped but the lovely Hailey.

I roll my eyes as I pass the group, random sluts swoon over Nick, Adam, Finlay and Ricky. While Aber and Grace read as per usual, totally ignoring the girls surrounding them. "Jonas." Finlay calls at me to come over. I oblige hesitantly.

"Hey Finlay, how was your holiday?" I ask, not even interested in what he has to say but I should be polite I guess. His smirk falls from his face and he rubs the back of his neck. I guess something happened.

"Ah, the first two days were good. Um two of Teddy and Levi's friends died in car crashes. One was killed and the other killed herself. Teddy hasn't been herself since Ryder died and then she went strange when Chi-Chi died. She tried to sleep with me Jonas. She broke up with Ricky and didn't leave her room the rest of the time we were there." Finlay keeps his eyes downcast, his voice low and nearly shaking. Everyone else around us have gone silent. "She's sworn to kill anyone who was involved in Ryder's death and anyone in the way of her goal." He whispers.

Hailey wouldn't kill someone, would she? Of course not, she's a nice girl, never done anything wrong. But then she did date Colin, I guess anything could be possible. Maybe, just maybe I don't know Hailey as well as I thought I did. Is she really the good girl everyone thinks she is? I nod timidly at Finlay and stalk away. I need to find Colin and demand some answers.

I stand at my locker waiting for Colin. He'll be here soon to collect his science homework. I've put my contacts in and taken off my glasses because I don't want them broken. I am going to get information out of Colin even if it means beating it out of him. I smile at him as he walks towards me, he just raises an eyebrow in question. "Jonas." He greets me coolly. I nod in response and the get right to the point.

"I want to know about Hailey. When she was with you." I say, my voice strong and fierce. He stares me down, his eyes staring holes into mine.

"Fine," he sighs, "Hailey and I started dating when we were about thirteen. We decided not to let anyone at school find out because we would have been teased because she was a nerd and I was a trouble maker. You're probably thinking yeah, right. Why would Hailey go out with me? Well Hailey only had the reputation of a nerd at school. She was in fact a bad ass." He slides down the lockers and sits on the floor. "I met her down at the street races in Auckland, she wasn't racing, though she could drive. She was there with Ben. It shocked me because why would such as innocent girl be there? She was standing next to a blue Skyline, it was hers and she won many races in that car. She would never win when she raced me, I thought I was better than her. I wasn't, she was only holding back and I felt threatened. We were both 13 when we started dating. I found out the day I turned seventeen that she had been letting me win. We were sitting on a roof having a picnic watching the sunset when I confronted her about the new found information. She denied it but there was something in her eyes that told me she was lying. I got mad, so mad that I pulled a knife and stabbed her in the lower stomach and told her if she ever raced again that I will kill her." He sighs. "We dated for four years and I threw that away over the fact that she could beat me in a race. Sure, I used her for her racing ability but I did love her and I let her go. You shouldn't have cheated on her. She is the best thing that will ever happen to you and you fucking cheated on her." He ends up shouting at me.

"Can I just ask one question? Does she have the capability to kill?" I question quietly.

"She has before, she can again. Why?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"No reason." I sigh and open my locker. I ruffle through my books until I find his project. "This is the last time I do this for you Colin. I am sick of doing your work." I hand it to him and walk into my first class.

Math. Ms Thomas ignores me now, I don't make trouble anymore. It's not like I have Teddy to annoy the teacher with now. Elena is here but she's too much of a goody-good.

Adam pats me on the back as he walks to the back of the class. I sigh and slump onto the desk, I'm just going to sit through today of school then go to work. When did my life become so boring? Maybe it was the day Teddy walked away from me, but I can't help but feel that something big is brewing. And it does feel like a good energy that's hanging in the air. It feels dark and unforgiving. Now I sound like my superstitious grandmother. Maybe I should concentrate on class and not on my mind being a total idiot. I open my math book and do my work. But I can't help feeling that something is going to happen.