Epilogue

Teddy's POV

*4 years later*

Today is the big day. Two people uniting to become one.

"Your booty looks nice in those tight dress pants." I flirt as I grab Nick's ass.

"Hands off," he swats my hand away, "this man is taken." Nick is glowing with happiness, he hasn't stopped smiling all morning. "I still can't believe I'm actually getting married today!" He gushes, his face tinted a rosy pink.

"And I can't believe you're the first of us to get married." Ricky chuckles as he takes a swig of his flask. I roll my eyes at him before turning back to Nick.

It's almost time bad I can't wait. "As best man, I think it's time you go stand at the altar." I suggest. I know it's weird, out of all the choices he has, Nick chose me to be his best man. But I don't mind, being dressed in a suit is absolutely fine with me.

He stands alone on the right side of the altar grinning from ear to ear, happily swaying back and forth. He never could keep still. Chatter fills the hall as the guests wait for the ceremony to start.

Everyone stops talking as the music starts. Elena walks up the aisle in a silk, forest green, floor length dress with Finlay at her side in a black tux and a green tie that matches the dress. Next follows Grace and Jonas wearing the same. Aber and Ricky follow next and Ruby and I follow after. The guests stand as Adam starts walking down the aisle, his mum walking with him.

He looks so happy as well, his eyes glued on the man waiting at the altar.

"Please be seated." The officiant says. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining of Nicholas Walker and Adam Parker . . ."

Nick smiles and looks deeply into Adam.so eyes. "Adam, from this moment, I take you as my best friend for life. I pledge to honour, encourage, and support you through our life together. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it seems an effort. I promise to cherish you for all that you are. Today, I take you to be my husband. I love you." Nick slides the ring onto Adam's hand.

There's tears in Adam's eyes as he says his vows, "Nicholas, today I give myself to you, and ask for your tomorrows. I choose you above all others to share my life with me. I promise to love and respect you, to honour and tenderly love you, in sorrow and in joy, in hardship and in ease. On this day, my hand is yours to hold, my heart forever yours to keep. I love you." Adam grins.

"With the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss."

Nick grabs Adam's collar and pulls him closer, bringing their lips together.

After the bridal party photos, we go to the reception. Which is great because alcohol but horrible because of the people. And people means questions. People also means Jonas, who I have been avoiding since I got back into town for this wedding.

Jonas and I still haven't exactly spoken since I got back from Japan 4 years ago. "You know you're going to have to grow some balls and talk to him eventually." Ricky says as he hands me a drink. "You've been staring at him for the last 5 minutes."

"What? No, I haven't." I blatantly deny Ricky's accusations. "He's a fucktard who hurt me." I take a swing of whatever Ricky gave me; it tastes like shit, but all alcohol does.

"Yeah, he is a fucktard. But you love him, you can't run away from your feelings forever." Ricky looks over at me, "You know I always wanted you to look at me like that. The way you look at Jonas." Hurt is spread across Ricky's face. I know I really hurt Ricky with my on, off, hot and cold non decisiveness.

"I'm sorry Ricky." I smile at him sadly. I spot Jonas coming towards us, "But right now is not the right time to talk to him, I need a little longer to think about things." With that I make my escape, weaving through dancing couples and under tables. I really don't want to talk to Jonas right now.

Ruby blocks my path as I scramble out from underneath a table. "I swear you haven't changed one bit." She laughs helping me up. "Why are you hiding under tables anyways?"

"Jonas. Avoiding." I say ducking behind her so I'm out of Jonas line of sight. "Thank fuck these dresses are long and poofy. Anyways gotta go." I say crawling away towards the door.

I sigh in relief as I crawl out the door way. "Teddy." His voice sounds. "You can keep running away from me." I turn around and low and behold, Jonas is standing in the door way. He frowns at me on the floor. He looks stunning as always. I'm frozen in place, freaking out, I'm definitely not ready to have this conversation.

"Hi Jonas." I say getting up off the ground. "I - um - I got places to be." I try to get out of this predicament.

"Teddy," Jonas sighs, "I know you've been avoiding me all week. I really need to talk to you." He runs his hands through his blond hair. "Please, Teddy. Please."

I sigh, "Fine."

"I'm sorry. For Beth. For everything. I miss you." He looks at me, sadness in his eyes. "I miss the way you smile when you talk about things you enjoy. I miss the way you absent-mindedly fiddle with things. I miss the way you chew your bottom lip when you're thinking. I just, I miss you." Jonas fiddles with his tux jacket. "I love you, Teddy Hailey Miller." I frown as I study him. He looks nervous.

I really don't want to be in this situation right now. My stomach is in knots and feels uneasy. I look for an exit, coming up blank. There is no way out of this. "Jonas, I'm sorry but I don't feel the same way." I sigh.

"Why can't you love me back? Don't you see that I'm trying?" he asks, looking absolutely pained.

"You hurt me and broke my trust. I can't forgive you."

*****

Not everything has a happy ending, but that's life. Just pick up the pieces and move on.