37. I'm seeing your cousin

Teddy's POV

I glance in the review mirror to see a shit load of cars following me, many of them race cars that I had seen at the races. Levi is following directly behind me and Chi-Chi behind him. I know Mika will be directly behind her. I smirk and accelerate, leaving Levi in the dust. He soon catches up, grinning at me. I speed past a cop that was reading speeds. He doesn't even bother chasing because of the hundreds of cars following.

I play my music loudly and put my windows down yelling out with joy. I drift around corners pulling peace signs at people walking around. They wave at me, it's not often they see a white girl drifting around town.

We come to a less crowded part of the city, many cars left already. I drift around a sharp corner, Levi doing the same but Chi-Chi keeps driving, heading straight towards a concrete retaining wall at a high speed just to accelerate even more. I swerve my car to a halt, quickly getting out of the car. I watch as the car smashes into the wall. I cringe at the sound of impact.

I sprint straight to the car and try to open the door, but the car is too bent. The engine is on fire and I can smell petrol. I have to get Chi-Chi out of the car. She's watching me with a sorry look on her face, she's not even trying to escape the burning car. Strong arms wrap around my waist pulling me away from the wreckage. The arm has a dragon tattoo wrapped around it. I don't know this arm. The man that the arm belongs to whispers in my ear. "This is what she wants Teddy, she doesn't want to live anymore."

"Who gives you the right to let her do that herself?" I yell and rip myself of his grip and move back towards the car. The car explodes in a ball of flame, throwing my body harshly back onto the hard driveway in front of the building Chi-Chi just crashed into. The man comes and helps me up but I don't want his help. "Who the fuck are you? You just let a beautiful young girl die."

"I, young lady would be Maou." He pulls me up. I look at him in shock. This is Mika's older brother, the leader of The Black Dragons. I back away from him, he has the power to kill me with one single order. He has the power to kill anyone with one single order. I gulp as I walk into Levi. His arms wrap around me and pull me away from the smashed car. I bury my head in his chest. Two friends gone in under a week. Why does life have to do this?

"Come on Ted, let's get home. We're not needed here." Levi whispers helping me to my car. I get in and turn it on. I drive slowly home, my mind not in the right place. Levi follows very closely behind me, he probably thinks that I would try something to end my life. He shouldn't worry, I'm not like that. I would never do anything to put my own life in danger, well except racing.

I pull into the garage and lock my car. I run up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I don't need to be left alone in a quite confined space with my thoughts. My footsteps echo with each step I take as I run up the stairs. Okay maybe it wasn't a good idea to take the stairs in a 40-story building. I push the button for an elevator on the tenth floor and wait for it to arrive. The elevator doors open with a ding and there is Levi standing in there with his eyebrow raised at me.

"Have a nice run did ya?" he asks, the smallest smirk playing at his lips. I sigh and get in the elevator. I tap my foot until we get to our floor. I quickly exit the elevator, storm through the front door and go straight to my bedroom slamming the door. I push play on my iPod dock and turn it up as loud as it can go and slump down onto my bed. Suicide Silence plays soothing my emotions slightly. I groan in irritation. The last thing I said to her was to fucking leave and called her sister a slut, that's not the best last words to say to somebody, or anybody for that matter.

I feel my bed shift under the weight of somebody else that had entered my room without permission. Arms wrap around me, pulling me into a firm chest. It's Finlay, I can tell by the way he smells, smoke and peppermint. I snuggle into his chest, sobs racking through my body. Why did they have to die? They both had so much to live for. "Hey, hey, hey. Teddy, they wouldn't want you to mourn for them. They'd want you to be happy." Finlay tilts my chin so that I'm looking at him. "Teddy, don't be sad. I don't like it when you're sad, it makes me sad." With that I leant up and kissed him.

His lips didn't feel right against mine, not like Ricky's did. But I need this, I need this. Anything to get my mind off what happened today is good. And if that is with Finlay, one of my best friends, so be it. I wrap my arms around his neck and tangle my fingers into his hair. He pulls away and give me a look of guilt. "I'm sorry I can't do this Teddy, you're my best friend and it wouldn't be right and it would be cheating on my part. I'm seeing your cousin."

I nod in understanding and just bury my head into his chest mumbling a soft sorry. I squeeze my eyes shut tightly as memories of both cars flick through my head like a movie but it's more horrific.