3. Development

LOCATION: AVENGERS MANSION

As the rest of the Avengers get to know Anna better, they're surprised by who she becomes. The more she rules over 2017, the more confident she gets and the more she feels like she can be herself around her soulmates. She becomes the fun Mom or 'Mama' as the kids call her. Ashley and Candice thought they were the fun ones, but they were proven wrong. She would play games with the kids, let them climb all over her and she was even okay with being interrupted by them, unlike most of the Avengers… If you interrupt Ashley while she's working on a project, you are in so much trouble, if you interrupt most of the team while they're working out, they'll get really annoyed and lose their motivation to do pretty much anything for the rest of the day. None of them will ever have a go at the kids, but they will if it's a soulmate. But if one one the kids wanders into the gym while Anna is in there, she'll stop whatever she's doing and pay the kid some attention, before going back to her workout. Or if she's reading or something, she'll put her book down for them. 

One day when Anna was running around the field, she thought about the little bits of play equipment outside, she didn't think it was enough, so each day she worked on it, building a wooden play set specifically for children, with slides, swings, things to climb up, things to walk across, things to hang from. And with help from Ashley, a zip wire that isn't even just for the kids, being able to hold an average adult male's weight. The whole family love going out and playing on the equipment, whether it's just stabilising the little ones on the play set, or seeing who can go the fastest on the zip wire. Then one day, Anna went out shopping with Stacey, because every week they take it in turns for two of them to go out and buy all the food since they don't want even deliverers to know where they live… Anna saw a big trampoline and decided to buy it. When they got home they set it up, then invited everyone outside with their eyes closed, when it was revealed, they all wanted to be the first on it, but it was decided the firsts would be Anna and the kids. 

Warren and Anna had continued working together to get rid of HYDRA's control over her mind, to make it so that that Winter Soldier could never be brought back out. They think they've finally done it, Warren is confident that Anna is safe and fully herself, but Anna is still a bit concerned. She hasn't told anyone, and since she's gotten closer with the team, they haven't noticed her concern, since she spends so much time with the kids. But she never spends time with the kids without at least one of her soulmates around. In fact, she is hardly ever alone, because she worries about everything too much, but around the others, she feels more secure. So when Warren says she's free from HYDRA, she doesn't know if she can believe it. Warren tells the others and they collectively come up with a plan, they tell Anna, and she doesn't like it, but they need to know if it has actually worked. They have to try to call out the Winter Soldier. Anna, Nian, Warren and Stacey fly to Wakanda, following directions King T'Challa had given them after they'd contacted him. They wanted to do this in Wakanda, because they'd be able to stop the Winter Soldier if it didn't work, but if it did work and she's gone, they want to prove this to T'Challa, to show him that all his lies to Ross have been worth it. It has. The Winter Soldier is no more and there's relief all round. T'Challa invites them to stay for lunch, during which, he gets to know them a bit better. He introduces them to his 18 year old sister Shuri, his wife Nakia and his newborn son Marcel. Before the Avengers head back home, T'Challa tells them that if they ever need his help, to let him know. And that he will update Scott Lang, who he's still working alongside, but he won't tell anyone else, in case they start asking more questions about them being in contact.