11. Mini Story 2

LOCATION: UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL

Miles sets off an explosion at the University Hospital and drives a fire engine into the garage, all three missing Avengers inside of it. He pulls out a remote, which with the push of the button will electrocute all three of them at the same time. They've felt it from him already and don't plan on pissing him off enough to feel it again, especially not when they know all three of them will get hurt and it weakens them every time. He smiles at them and looks at each of them a moment, he then settles on Warren "You do like I say, and we will all live happily ever after." He pulls the tape off Warren's mouth and smiles wickedly "Now, where are the body bags?" Miles grabs body bags, which he's already filled with the money he's stolen. He puts them on top of each other on a gurney, then adjusts the ropes around Warren, so that they're just around his two wrists, connecting them together. He instructs Warren to push it along. They walk through the hospital, pushing the gurney, they can hear a woman on the PA "Attention, all hospital personnel. Explosion reported outside the east wing. Please report to your stations. Attention, all hospital personnel. Explosion reported outside the east wing. Please deport to your stations, stat." They get into a staff elevator and Miles uses an ID he stole to make it work. When the doors are opening, he pulls Warren aside, so the security on the other side can't see them, they're armed, but Miles is quicker, shooting the pair.

Santiago is on the phone "Cordon off University Hospital. Let nobody in or out."

Miles and Warren get to the roof and Miles gets the money into a helicopter, then pulls Warren round the front. He gets him to the passenger door "Get in."

Stacey and Ashley drive up to the hospital, seeing the fire and helicopter on the roof "They're already here." "Stace, they're about to take off!" They run into the building, Stacey being much faster than Ashley and losing her, she takes an elevator to the top. Nian and Tasia pull up next and hurry into the building, finding Ashley along the way, searching for any clues.

Miles doesn't fully know what he's doing flying the helicopter, so he's not the quickest, but he's getting there. He's started the engine up, and just as he's about to take off, Stacey bursts through the roof door. He manages to get a bit of air, as Stacey sprints across the roof. As Miles is about to fly away, Warren sees a small fire extinguisher by his feet, he grabs it and hits Miles with it, he drops the remote for the ropes, down the side of his seat. This also gives Stacey the opportunity to jump and grab the helicopter, making them swing violently. Miles gets up and pulls Warren into the pilot seat, the helicopter swoops down and Warren has no choice but to fly the plane, though he doesn't know how. He uses his memories of seeing Nian fly a plane, and of seeing the quinjet being flown many times, he does the best he can to keep them level in the air. Behind him, Miles and Stacey are fighting, Miles has a gun and keeps trying to shoot Stacey, but instead keeps shooting the helicopter. Stacey is of course stronger, faster and a better fighter, but Miles keeps finding things to use as weapons and Stacey is already injured.

Alarms are blaring up front and Warren doesn't know what to do, but what he knows is nothing he's doing is helping, "I can't control it! We're going down!" Stacey knocks Miles down "You lose!" "Stacey!" She hurries into the front and does everything she can to regain control, she groans "He busted the hydraulics. We're out of time. Strap in." Warren, who had moved to the passenger seat, does so, as Miles calls out to them "Knockout." They both look back to see what he's going on about and Warren's eyes widen when he sees the remote in Miles' hand. He presses the button, the ropes tighten around Warren and he starts screaming in agony. Down in the hospital, Nian, Tasia, Ashley and Regina make it to the garage, they're approaching the fire engine, when they hear muffled screaming coming from inside. They open it up to find Lavina and Prisha screaming in agony.

In Warren's intense pain, he manages to hold his hands in Miles' direction and send out a burst of energy, sending him tumbling out of the plane, the remote going with him. Stacey has no choice but to focus on the place and not her screaming soulmate beside her. But when the remote crashes against the tallest building below them, it shatters apart, the ropes stop electrocuting and even stop glowing. Stacey is able to rip them off Warren, and though Warren is exhausted, he's their only way out. They hold onto each other as they jump out of the helicopter, they fall from the sky. When they're as low as the tops of the skyscrapers, Warren manages to use his powers to slow them down, they hit the ground hard, but nowhere near as hard as they would've without his powers.

With the Avengers finally safe and Miles dead, they managed to finally go home and get some rest. Over the next few days they managed to track down their belongings and were given a new quinjet by SHIELD, which Ashley immediately began upgrading.