5. Mini Story 4

LOCATION: CALIFORNIA

They decide for Rocket to keep ahold of the star and stay with the bikes, out of sight outside of the grounds of the building the Avengers are in. While Nebula, Lavina and Ashley head to the front door. At first, they try to convince Ashley and Stacey, that their minds are being controlled, but they don't seem to like that idea. The trio have no choice but to fight the pair, it's difficult, especially since they really don't want to hurt the pair. But they do what they have to. They manage to knock their soulmates unconscious and Warren tries going into their minds, but he can't. So they leave, Lavina carrying Ashley over one shoulder and Nebula carrying Stacey over a shoulder.

But as they're nearing where the bikes are, they see the twins closing in on Rocket. Lavina quickly teleports Ashley and Warren over, lays Ashley down, then goes back for Nebula and Stacey. They're all now by the bikes and the twins are getting close, all galaxy-like. They're about to ride away, when they speak in one, haunting voice "We must have the weapon." Rocket growls and Warren says "No. I don't know if you've heard, but we are the Avengers. If you think we'll hand this over, you've got another thing coming. You don't know who you're dealing with. See, we protect the Earth. Everyone and everything on it." Rocket forms the weapon and powers it up "Move, and I'll obliterate you!" Lavina pulls Warren closer to her, moving behind Rocket.

The twins aren't backing down. Weapons are suddenly blasting them from many directions, and they explode. Penny Coulson walks over, carrying a large energy gun "Nothing in this universe is unkillable, with the proper voltage. Are you all alright?" The group all look at each other, not sure whether to trust Penny or not, she seems different. They decide not to trust her and get on their bikes, heaving Ashley and Stacey on them. And they were right to do so, as Penny calls out "Fire!" They swerve bullets as best they can and hyper jump out of there.

LOCATION; UNKNOWN

The engine of one of the two bikes splutters at they arrive in an unknown place on Earth. Warren asks "What's wrong?" Lavina shakes her head, not knowing, but Nebula suggests "Maybe they can only make so many hyperjumps and yours has reached it. It probably needs charging." Rocket adds "Which we have no way of doing. Just great." Warren clicks her earpiece "Regina?" "Yeah, I'm here." "We have a problem. We can't take both bikes and further, and we can barely fit on the two, so one won't be enough. Do you know where we are?" "Uh... I'm not sure. Tracking isn't really my thing. You'll have to find another vehicle, I'll get back to you." Nebula makes a suggestion "Rocket and I can ride until we find a vehicle and come pick you up." Lavina nods, gets off her bike and pulls Stacey off Nebula's bike. She rides away, off into the distance.

It feels like a long time for Lavina and Warren, as they wait for the others to return. Lavina is perched on the bike and Warren is sitting on the grass, Stacey and Ashley still unconscious beside him. Well, they were waking up, but Lavina whacked them both around the head, telling Warren "They didn't see that, and neither did you." Warren was close to laughing.