20. The Time Stone

LOCATION: TITAN

Peter swings around, avoiding rocks from the planet coming closer to them by the second, while still carrying unconscious Mantis. He sees Drax floating away, due to the gravity now being very unstable, he shoots webs at him "I got you. I got you." He then sees Quill and hurries after him "I'm sorry I can't remember anybody names." He webs him and brings him over too.

Strange levitates down towards Thanos, he sends magic at him, blowing up the ground below him. In turn, Thanos sends a huge rock at Strange, but he breaks it apart before it hits him with a protective wall, which he then sends at Thanos. Thanos sucks it into his gauntlet and throws it back at Strange, with extra energy from the stones, making it far more dangerous. Strange quickly creates a shield in front of herself and Thanos' attack transforms into butterflies. Strange levitates, more arms that he should have are sprouting from his body and lots of versions of himself flying from him. They all bare down on Thanos and each create a magical rope, they wrap him up in them, but Thanos uses the Power stone and they all disappear, leaving just the real man. Thanos then manipulates the earth and pulls Strange to him, his neck lands right in his hand "You're full of tricks, wizard." Strange grunts as Thanos pulls the necklace from around his neck "Yet you never once used your greatest weapon." He crushes the necklace, revealing that there is nothing inside, which he doesn't look surprised about "A fake." He tosses Strange aside and he falls unconscious as he hits the ground.

Ashley launches a device at Thanos' gauntlet, which attaches itself and then she lands a bit away "You throw another moon at me and I'm gonna lose it." "Stark." "You know me?" "I do. You're not the only one cursed with knowledge." "My only curse is you." She fires at him "Come on!" But they do nothing as he uses the gauntlet to protect himself. Ashley flies at him and blasts him, then lands a bit backwards and plants her feet into the ground. Her arms transform into bigger weapons and blast him, they actually push him onto his back, but he gets right back up. Thanos rips Ashley's helmet off and she quickly forms a new one. He then punches her and she hits the ground. Thanos pulls the device off his hand and blasts energy at Ashley, who quickly forms a shield to take the blast. She then flies round to Thanos and whacks him, actually cutting his face a tiny bit.

Thanos wipes his face with his hand and looks at the blood on his finger "All that for a drop of blood." He grins and pulls Ashley up, then flips her over, she hits the ground and he punches her in the face... several times. He then picks her up and kicks her, only some of her suit fixes itself around her and she gets to her feet, sending energy from both repulsors at him but he deflects them with the gauntlet, as he gets closer and closer to her. He knocks the helmet off her again, but it only half reforms, but Ashley forms a sword on her arm. Thanos snaps the sword off and stabs her through the abdomen with it. Ashley gasps for breath as Thanos holds it in place and backs her up with it, until she's down on the ground. She's groaning and panting. Thanos puts a hand on top of her head and crouches down in front of her "You have my respect, Stark. When I'm done, half of humanity will still be alive." He let's go of her and stands "I hope they remember you." Ashley continues to groan in pain, struggling to breathe, when Thanos points the gauntlet at her, all four of the infinity stones glowing brightly.

Time feels like it stops for Doctor Stephen Strange, he sees the scene in front of him and he hears a voice. The voice is male, young and calm "Save him. You have to save him." It's odd, the voice has with it a presence that Strange is somewhat used to, he realises that it feels like the Time stone. He summons the stone, it floats above his hand and glows brightly as he hears the voice again "We can save him." The voice sounds further away "Save him..." The stone disappears from his hand and time continues, he quickly speaks up "Stop. Spare her life and I will give you the stone." Thanos looks at Strange intently for a moment "No tricks." Strange shakes his head and Thanos aims the gauntlet at him instead. Ashley manages to choke out "Don't." Strange summons the stone in his hand and Thanos holds out his hand for it, Strange sends it to him. Thanos places the Time stone in his gauntlet "One to go." Quill shoots at the gauntlet and flies at Thanos, shooting rapidly. Thanos just opens a portal and Quill goes past him. Quill lands roughly and gets back up "Where is he!?" Ashley pulls the blade out of her body and seals the wound up, so she doesn't bleed out. Quill looks around, madly "Did we just lose?" Ashley looks over at Strange, there's no anger in her, but she's scared for what will happen. She gently asks "Why would you do that?" "We're in the endgame now."