24. Freedom plan, attempt 2

LOCATION: SAKAAR

When they step into a room, Bruliel turns on them and asks "Who is this woman?" "She's a friend." Regina looks around, nervously "Who? Me? I'm Regina." He narrows his eyes at Regina "I feel like I know you." Regina scratches her head as they walk into a corridor "I feel like I know you, too." Bruliel stops in front of a door "Look, I've spent years in a haze, trying to forget my past. Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget, and to die one day." Tasia nods "I was thinking that you drink too much, and that probably was gonna kill you." "I don't plan to stop drinking." "Oh." "But I don't want to forget. I can't turn away anymore. So, if I'm gonna die, well, it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous ass." "Good." Regina nods in encouragement "Yeah." "So, I'm saying that I want to be on the team. Has it got a name?" Tasia and Regina look at each other and Tasia starts mumbling "Uh, yeah, uh… it's called… the, uh… the Revengers." He raises an eyebrow "Revengers?" "Because I'm getting revenge. You're getting revenge." He nods and Tasia looks at Regina "Do you want revenge?" "Uh, I'm undecided." "Okay." 

Bruliel nods "Also, I've got a peace offering." He opens the door, inside the room, Lavina is tied up in chains. Lavina smiles a little "Surprise." Tasia looks at her curiously, she then picks up a metal cup and throws it at her sister, hitting her on the head "Ow." "Just had to be sure." Lavina sees Regina walk in behind Tasia, she smiles a bit "Hello, Regina." "You're… You're blue." Lavina frowns "Thank you for reminding me." "What happened? Why are you blue?" "It's a long story." Tasia sees a sword on a table "Is that a dragonfang?" Bruliel nods "It is." Tasia gets excited and pulls it from its shief, admiring it "My God. This is the famed sword of the Valkyrie." Bruliel ignores her excitement "So, Sakaar and Asgard are about as far apart as any two known systems. Our best bet is a wormhole just outside of city limits. Refuel on Xandar, and we can be back in Asgard in… 18 months." "Nope. We are going through the big one." Tasia points out the window at the huge wormhole in the sky, that looks incredibly dangerous. Bruliel looks concerned "The Devil's Anus?" Regina looks up from the kitchen area, Where she's finding something to eat "Anus? Wait, wait, wait. Who's anus?" Tasia replies "For the record, I didn't know it was called that when I picked it." "That looks like a collapsing neutron star, inside of an Einstein-Rosen bridge." Bruliel, who's just started drinking, butts in, having no idea what Regina is saying "We need another ship. That would tear mine to pieces." Tasia nods "He's right. We need one that can withstand the geodetic strain from the singularity." Regina continues "And has an offline power steering system, that can also function without the on-board computer." Bruliel adds in "And we need one with cup holders, because we're gonna die. So, drinks!" Regina tilts her head at him "Do I know you? I feel like I know you." Bruliel laughs "I feel like I know you, too. It's weird." 

Tasia asks Regina "What do you say? Uncharted metagalactic travel through a volatile cosmic gateway. Talk about an adventure." They both smile at each other and Tasia pulls Regina in for a kiss, Bruliel doesn't even notice, too busy with his drink. But Lavina notices and silently sulks, still chained up. When the pair pull away from each other, Regina gets down to business "We need a ship." Tasia nods "Need a ship." Bruliel thinks "There are one or two ships. Absolute top of the line models-" Lavina interrupts "I don't mean to impose." But Bruliel quickly throws his almost empty bottle at her, it smashes against the wall right behind her. Regina's eyes widen, but Lavina continues on as if nothing happened "But the Grandmaster has a great many ships. I may even have stolen the access codes to his security system." Bruliel narrows his eyes "And suddenly you're overcome with an urge to do the right thing." "For my soulmate, yes." Bruliel's eyebrows scrunch together, then he slowly turns his head to look at Regina, who's cheeks are turning red, as Lavina sends her a wink "You two are soulmates?" "We are." Tasia redirects the conversation "You're telling us you can get us safe access into the garage without setting off any alarms?" "Yes, sister. I can." Bruliel puts out his opinion "I don't trust her. He tried to kill me." Tasia nods "Yes, me too. On many, many occasions." She looks over at her little sister, who rolls her eyes "There was one time when we were children, she transformed herself into a snake, and she knows that I love snakes. So, I went to pick up the snake to admire it, then she transformed back into herself, and she was like, 'Yeah, it's me!' And she stabbed me. She was eight at the time." They all look over at Lavina, who's trying not to laugh. 

Bruliel has another problem "If we're boosting a ship, we're gonna need to draw some guards away from the Palace." Lavina makes a suggestion "Why not set the beast loose?" Tasia points at her sister "Shut up." Regina looks a bit nervous, but Bruliel chuckles "You guys have a beast?" Tasia and Regina reply at the same time "No, there's no beast." "She's just being stupid." Tasia looks over at Lavina "We're going to start a revolution." Regina asks "Revolution?" "I'll explain later." Bruliel looks between the pair and asks "Who's this woman again?" Tasia gives him the same response "I'll explain later."