22. Losses

LOCATION: NEW YORK

Nora Fury is driving, Mason Hill in the passenger seat, Penelope Coulson and 11 year old Allisa in the back. Fury asks "Still no word from Stark?" And Hill replies "No, not yet. We're watching every satellite of both hemispheres, but still nothing." There's a beeping and Coulson asks "What is it?" "Multiple bogeys over Wakanda." Fury asks "Same energy signature as New York?" "Ten times bigger." "Tell Klein, we'll meet him at-" A car suddenly swerves into them, they get out to see what happened, Fury telling Allisa to stay in the car. Hill looks in the car, but there's no driver "They okay?" "There's no one here." They hear a helicopter and look behind them, to see it falling out the sky, crashing into a building "Call control. Code red." There are sirens and people running, screaming. Coulson notices Hill is turning to dust "Mase?" Fury turns to see as well "Hill!" More people start disappearing as Fury runs back to the car, Coulson glances around "What do you think is happening?" "I don't know, but I think we might need special help." She pulls a pager out of her bag and activates it, but she starts disappearing too, she looks to Coulson, who looks heartbroken "Mother fu-" Coulson catches the pager as Fury fades away. Coulson quickly runs to the car, to see her daughter crying abd disappearing, she opens the door and manages to hug her right before she's gone.

LOCATION: WAKANDA

The Avengers search for each other, Tasia, Stacey, Regina, Nian, Warren and Rocket gather where Vision's body is. Nian asks "What is this? What the hell is happening?" As Rocket sits on a fallen tree, the others all try their best to comfort each other, but easier said than done. They've lost family. They've lost friends. They've lost innocent people. They've lost half the universe.

They take Vision's body and head out of the forest, to see who else has survived, Shuri has and Okoye is trying to comfort her over her brother. The Avengers say they're heading home, Okoye sets up ships to go with them, because they need to collect the children. When they arrive at Avengers Tower, they find that Nakia has survived, some children have and others haven't. It didn't enter the Avengers' minds that children could be taken too, so they go into a mad panic over their own children. Nakia sadly tells them that Maria, Braden and Joseph disappeared. Only Lucy survived.

LOCATION: AVENGERS MANSION

The remaining Avengers, little Maria and Rocket, head to the Avengers Mansion. They don't know what to do, they decide to call Mason Hill, to see if he has any ideas, but when the call gets through, it's not Hill who answers the call "Hill?" "Uh... Hill isn't currently available." "Well, get him available. This is Stacey Rogers, I need to talk to him." "People were disappearing. Nora, Mason, my daughter... they all went." Stacey sighs and shakes her head at the Avengers watching "Who am I speaking to?" "It's Penelope, Ma'am. Penelope Coulson." "Coulson? You died. Lavina stabbed you." "Actually... it's complicated. Maybe we can meet in person, I can explain things and you can explain to me what's happened." "Alright. I'll send over our home address, we're trusting you." Once Coulson arrives, they learn that she was saved by an drug SHIELD created from alien blood. That she's been working for a special team within SHIELD since and was on leave and in the car with her family, when they disappeared. She shows them the pager and tells them it's important, that it's someone who can help.