5. The attack on Vision

LOCATION: NEW YORK

Vision and Warren have become good friends over the past few years, they're currently out on a walk together, not too far from home but nowhere near civilisation, just talking. In the distance they see the ship coming down from the sky, they're both facing it, wondering what is going on, when Vision groans in pain. One of the Black Order, a female named Proxima Midnight, has thrust her spear through him, his human-like illusion disappears. She then tosses him aside and another alien approaches Warren, this one is a male named Corvus Glaive. As Warren is about to use her powers, Proxima sends her flying. They both approach Vision, Corvus Glaive holds a weapon to Vision's head and tries to remove the Mind stone, causing him to scream out in pain. Warren then fights the pair, while doing his best to protect Vision. Warren helps Vision sit down "That blade severed my vibranium tissue." "Is that even possible?" "It isn't supposed to be. My systems are failing." Warren does what he can to force the tissue back together, but it won't go fully together. Vision barely pushes Warren back in time to not get hit by a weapon flying at them. Corvus and Vision fight, while Proxima and Warren fight. Corvus pins Vision against a tree "Give up the stone and he lives." But Vision isn't backing down, he sends a bolt of energy at him, but Corvus's weapon deflects it, several trees get cut in half and topple, until Vision gets hit by his own energy and hits a tree, breaking it. Corvus tries again at getting the stone from Vision's head, but Warren grabs him and starts to fly away. In mid-air, Proxima shoots them down. They land in a forest, both groaning in pain, but Warren gets to his feet and runs to Vision "Come on, we gotta get up. Come on. Hey, we have to go." Warren leans Vision against a tree, Vision is shutting down, he needs help. The alien pair find them again and Warren stands in front of Vision, but Proxima is looking behind them. 

Warren looks over his shoulder to see Stacey, in uniform, well, her new uniform. After the incident with the accords and Johanna, the Avengers changed. They had to fight evil and protect the people of Earth, without being seen, without being caught. So Ashley made them a uniform, one that she herself doesn't stick to. Her Iron Woman suit is a darker red with gold, while the rest of the team wear a black suit, with bits of a colour of their choosing and a tank top underneath of that same colour. Stacey has her blue mask/helmet and her shield repainted blue and black with a large 'A' on it. They have upgraded weapons and protective items. Ashley even made uniforms for Prisha and Hulk, who's is super stretchy so Regina and Hulk can both wear it.

Proxima throws her spear at Stacey with incredible speed, but she catches it in one hand and that scares the alien a bit. Nian runs over from another direction and fights with Corvus with a spear of her own, it's black and electrocutes. He stabs and electrocutes Corvus, then goes to help Stacey, the pair together with shield and spear, disarm Proxima. She quickly runs to her teammate and the three Avengers point their weapons at the pair. Proxima kneels down beside Corvus "Get up." "I can't." Nian doesnt know for sure, but has a feeling coming from the way they're looking at each other. He thinks they're soulmates. He speaks to them "We don't wanna kill you, but we will." Proxima glares at him "You'll never get the chance again." She teleports the pair of them up into their ship as it flies over their heads. They walk over to Warren and Vision, Nian offers Vision a hand "Can you stand?" The pair pull him to his feet and hold him up. They carefully walk him home, to the Avengers Mansion.