10. The Reality Stone

LOCATION: KNOWHERE

Quill flies his group into the planet "This place looks deserted." Drax says "I'm reading movement in the third quadrant." "Yep, I'm picking that up too. Set us down right here." After landing, the four walk out to look around. They sneak up to a room, where they hear a man named the Collector, saying "I don't have it." Then they hear Thanos "Everyone in the galaxy knows you'd sell your own brother if you thought it would add even the slightest trinket to your pathetic collection." Quill holds up a fist, a sign to tell the others to stop, but they just continue walking past him "I know you have the Reality stone, Tivan. Giving it to me will spare you a great deal of suffering." Gamora peeks round some items to see the Collector laying on the ground, Thanos steps partially onto his chest, hurting him "I told you. I sold it. Why would I lie?" "I imagine it's like breathing for you." "Like suicide." They both chuckle "You do understand. Not even you would surrender something so precious." "I didn't know what it was." "Then you're more of a fool than I took you for." Drax whispers to Quill "It's him." Thanos continues "Last chance, charlatan. Where's the stone?"

Drax has his sights set on Thanos "Today..." Quill whispers "Drax. Drax." "...he pays for the deaths of my wife and daughter." "Drax, wait." Drax readies his weapon "Not yet, not yet, not yet." But Drax starts moving "Drax." He gets in front of me "Drax, Drax, Drax. Listen to me." Drax keeps walking, forcing Quill backwards "He doesn't have the stone yet. If we get it, then we can stop him." He stops a moment "We have to get the stone first. Yeah." "No. No. For Ovette, for Camaria." He pushes Quill aside, but Mantis quickly lays a hand on his head "Sleep." He falls forward, making a loud thud. They all quickly duck. Thanos hears them and throws the Collector into a box, which shuts him in.

Quill tries to think up a plan "Okay. Gamora, Mantis, you go right." But Gamora goes left "The other right." Gamora charges at Thanos, swiping at him with a sword, slitting his throat. She stabs him and then stabs him with the dagger he gave her. Thanos pulls out the dagger and holds a hand to his bleeding neck "Why?" He groans as he drops to his knees, then onto his back. Gamora starts crying "Why you, daughter?" She drops into a crouch and sobs uncontrollably. Then he becomes motionless. Quill comments "That was quick." Inside his box, the Collector claps "Magnificent! Magnificent! Magnificent!" "Is that sadness I sense in you, daughter?" Gamora hears Thanos' voice and looks at his lifeless body, but he's dead "In your heart, I knew you still cared." His body disappears in a red glow. A red glow that spreads all around the room, revealing fire and destruction "But one never knows for sure."

The Collector waves from his box, as he too, disappears. It is obvious from the state of the room, that Thanos had already gotten what he wanted "Reality is often disappointing." He appears in front of Gamora, uninjured, alive "That is, it was. Now..." He shows Gamora that he has the Reality stone on his gauntlet "Reality can be whatever I want." Gamora stares up at him "You knew I'd come." "I counted on it. There's something we need to discuss, little one." She reaches for her sword, but he grabs her and lifts her off her feet before she can.

Drax screams from the side "THANOS!" He strides over, sword in hand, but Thanos uses his Reality power to cut him into little pieces. He then sends the power at hiding Mantis, who becomes all stringy. Quill comes out, gun held out in front of him "Let her go, Grimace." Gamora gets his attention "Peter." "I told you to go right." "Now? Really?" He doesn't take his eyes off Thanos "You let her go!" Thanos realises "Ah, the soulmate." "Let her go." Gamora tries to get his attention again "Peter." "I'm gonna blow that nutsack of a chin right off your face." "Not him." Quill finally looks at Gamora, but hesitates "You promised! You promised." He finally points the gun at her, but Thanos speaks "Oh, daughter. You expect too much from him." Quill still doesn't fire and Thanos smirks "She's asked, hasn't she?" Quill's hand shakes and Gamora nods "Do it." Thanos walks Gamora closer to the gun and shouts "DO IT!" Quill flinches and continues to hesitate "I told you to go right." "I love you more than anything." "I love you too." He closes his eyes and pulls the trigger, but bubbles come out of it instead. Thanos smiles "I like him. He then teleports himself and Gamora away with the Space stone. The other Guardians reform.