22. A Valkyrie

LOCATION: SAKAAR

Meanwhile… Lavina, Bruliel and some guards march up to the Grandmaster "I'm upset! I'm very upset. You know what I like about being upset? The blame. Right now, that's the mindset that I'm in. And you know who I'm blaming?" Lavina speaks "Grandmaster, I can-" "Hey! Don't interrupt me!" Topaz offers him the melting stick "Here you go." "Why are you handing me the melt stick? She was interrupting. That's not a capital violation. Where was I? My precious champion has come up missing, and it's all because of that Lady Of Thunder. It's all because of her, your sister. Whatever the story is, adopted or complicated, or you know… I'm sure there's a big history." He then points  at Bruliel "And your contender." Lavina offers "If you were to give me 12 hours, I could bring them both back to you, alive." Bruliel ups her "I could do it in two." "I could do it in one." The Grandmaster sighs "Let's stop there. You know what? I woke up this morning thinking about a public execution. But for now, I'll settle for this sweet little 'Who's gonna get her first?' So, you're on the clock."

The pair walk out of the room and Lavina asks Bruliel "What have you done?" "I don't answer to you, Lovena." Lavina grabs his wrist "It's Lavina. And you will answer to the Grandmaster." He slaps her hand away, but she grabs it again, he slaps it again, she tries again and then he punches her in the nose. He smirks, but she conjures a dagger and points it his way "Why would you help my sister escape with that green fool?" He pulls out his own dagger "I don't help anyone." The pair fight and Lavina manages to get the upper hand, when she sees the tattoo on Bruliel's arm, her eyes widen "You're a Valkyrie." Bruliel starts fighting again, managing to kick Lavina against a wall, as she catches her breath, she voices her curiosity "I thought the Valkyrie had all died gruesome deaths." Bruliel stands tall over her, looking menacingly down at her. He is a very scary looking man, even most on Asgard feared him, but like Tasia, Lavina has faced scarier. He holds his dagger to her neck "Choose your next words wisely." "I'm terribly sorry. Must be a very painful memory." She reaches up and slaps a hand on his forehead, seeing into his mind.

FLASHBACK
The army of Valkyrie are riding pegasus', flying towards Herlan. Herlan conjures blades and throws them at the army, they fall, many instantly dead, others die from the fall. Those who survive, intend to fight Herlan with their swords, but they can't get close as he sends out more daggers. Another Valkyrie runs in between Bruliel and Herlan as he throws a dagger his way, the other Valkyrie pushes Bruliel back and is killed.

Bruliel falls away from Lavina, his face filled with a mixture of shock and sadness, but it quickly turns to anger and he kicks Lavina again. Lavina lands on her back and Bruliel straddles her and punches her in the face.