4. Mini Story 4

LOCATION: MALIBU

As Nebula keeps some of the Agents distracted, the others search around, Warren has the star zipped up in his jacket pocket.

Rocket comes across a set of strange bikes, they definitely aren't human-made, they hover and seem to be powered by energy. He hops on one, but can't reach all the controls "I have transport!" He starts to tell them where he is and how to find him. As Warren wanders around, he notices he's being followed.

Lavina is the first to find Rocket, she hears Warren tell her he's being followed and makes her way to him. Then Nebula, having to outsmart the Agents, hops on the other bike and rides away with Rocket behind her. Both Nebula and Lavina manage to steer the bikes, somewhat well.

Warren hears a noise behind him, when he turns around, he sees one of the twins. He starts to run, but the other twin appears ahead of him. Then Lavina rides straight past one of them, pulling up beside Warren "Quick, jump on!" Warren does as told and Lavina says "Hold on tight." Lavina drives them a different way and Nebula finds them, following close behind. They drive around, dodging people and Agents, but then they have to stop, ahead of them are lots of Agents, pointing guns at them. Warren says "Oh, boy." Lavina asks Nebula "What do you think? Red button? I think it's hyperdrive." "No, I think hyperdrive is blue." They both speed towards the Agents and Rocket shouts "Someone press something!" Warren decides "Red!" Both drivers press the red button. They zoom forward and up, then disappear in a blink of an eye into the sky.

LOCATION: UNKNOWN.

It was in fact hyperdrive, and has taken them to a very sandy landscape. They fall out of the sky, crashing into the sand, but Warren is quick to throw up a shield protecting them all. Nebula says "Oh, I hate sand." Rocket laughs "The red button was awesome! Let's press the red button again." Warren feels the star in his pocket vibrating, he takes it out and sees it's chittering and glowing "Wow." Lavina asks "Hey, what's it doing?" Warren sees one part glowing more than the rest, so he touches it and the star transforms into a giant gun. Rocket's eyes grow wide in desperate want, Warren asks "What...? What is this thing?" Nebula answers "See the core? How it keeps emitting convective energy across the interior of the photosphere? Those are thermonuclear explosions." Prisha asks "Wait, what? What does that mean? Like a bomb or something?" "I think what we're looking at is a super compressed star. And by the color temperature, I'd say it's a blue giant." Rocket grins widely "Let's press the button. Let's see what this does." Warren asks "Are you suggesting we try a weaponised star for fun?" "Mm-hm. Well, for science and fun." Regina inputs "The two aren't mutually exclusive. Okay." Warren hands the gun to Nebula, trusting her the most with the weapon. Nebula asks "At just .001? What do you think?" Rocket looks disappointed, but Warren nods "Yeah. Just start off slow." She powers the button up and fires, a small burst of energy comes out, but nothing happens. Lavina suggests "Maybe ratchet it up a few notches, a little higher..." Rocket grabs the weapon and powers it up, firing. The blast is huge huge he's thrown backwards into the sand "THAT WAS AWESOME!" Warren asks, looking at the huge canyon now created in the sand "Uh, do we think anyone's gonna notice that wasn't there before?" Nebula swipes the weapon from her friend and presses a button, reverting it back to the star casing.

After a break, they all get back on the two bikes, Regina has found Ashley and Stacey's location.