6. Family reunion

LOCATION: AVENGERS MANSION

Stacey walks into their home, Nian and Warren walking Vision along, right behind her. They walk into the living room, where Jessica Rhodes, Candice and Anna are sitting on couches, watching the news, showing what happened in New York. They stand up as the group enter. The first thing they bring up is Vision's wound, so they get in contact with King T'Challa, to see if he can help. He says he's on his way. While they wait for him and a Doctor to arrive, there's a knock at the door. They all look to it in confusion, no one can get past the gate, unless they live here. Nian opens the door, to reveal Suzanne with the children, they hug "Thank goodness you're okay." As Nian hugs Suzanne, he notices Regina, behind her. As everyone welcomes Regina home, they all get a bit emotional, it had been so long since they'd last seen her. Anna and Regina finally touch, feeling the soulmate bond between them. The Avengers ask about Lavina, Tasia and Prisha, Regina explains that last she saw, Prisha was alive, but she didn't see her when they were attacked. That Lavina and Tasia were fighting Thanos and his group, but it wasn't looking good.

As soon as King T'Challa arrives, Vision is seen to, but they don't leave the room. Regina tells them everything she knows about Thanos and everything she has learnt about the stones, then what she knows about the aliens who attacked New York. Stacey tells the others about the two aliens her group came across. Then they discuss what to do next, Rhodey starts "So, we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Warren points out "They can clearly find us." Regina says "We need all hands on deck. Thanos has the biggest army in the universe and he's not gonna stop until he gets... Vision's Stone." Nian concludes "Then we have to protect it." But Vision has a different idea "No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About its nature. But also its composition." He looks to Warren, who's an emotional mess right now, having just found out that his sister had been saved, but now her state is unknown once again "I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source... something very similar to its own signature, perhaps its molecular integrity could fail." "Yeah, and you with it. We're not having this conversation." "Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." "That's too high a price." "Only you have the power to pay it." Warren turns away from his friend and Vision addresses everyone "Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him." Stacey speaks up "But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision. You may not be one of our soulmates, but you're family."

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" Regina replies instead "Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Ashley, me, and the stone. All of them mixed together, all of them learning from one another." Warren asks "You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" "I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts." Nian asks "Can we do that?" "Not me, not here." King T'Challa rises "Come to Wakanda. My little sister, she can take a look at the stone. If anyone can remove it, I believe my sister to be that person." Stacey nods "Thank you, your majesty."