5. Mini Story 1

LOCATION: EVIL BASE

Not long after the man has left, Warren uses his powers to detach himself from the electricity, though the restraints stay on his hands and feet, which makes his walking very wobbly. He wobbles over to the controls and just whacks a hand down on them, releasing the others. The others look at her in disbelief.

Once they've gotten out of the restraints, they run through the base, Stacey takes the lead "We need to get back to the mainland." Nian contributes "I saw an aircraft hanger on my way in. Straight ahead, I think." Stacey pries open a door and glances suspiciously around the hanger "Where are all the guards?" She shakes her head "Go, go!" The others run past her and then she follows them. They stop and crouch behind a vehicle, hearing a guard inside saying "Hey, every time they run, you take a shot." Stacey peers onside, to see a group of guards watching a bunch of screens, showing the attack on New York, where Tasia, Regina in her Iron suit, and Iron Woman, alongside the Military, trying to fight off the giant robot. It doesn't seem to be going well. One of the guards takes the cork out of a bottle and laughs, but his eyes widen when he sees Stacey step inside. The fight is quick, Stacey easily wins.

The group continue running, Nian sighs "This is the right hanger, but I don't see any jets." "A jet's not fast enough." "What's faster than a jet?" Prisha grins up at a rocket "Hey, how about a rocket?" Nian smiles "Great!" Then frowns "I can't fly a rocket." Warren shrugs "You don't have to. Use the coordinates from the last launch." Stacey thinks a moment "I bet they've changed the password but now. How do I get into the computer?" They hear a voice through speakers "Say please." They all look to a viewing platform, where the assistant is standing, smiling at them.

LOCATION: MANHATTAN

The battle against the robot isn't going anywhere, the Avengers are trying, but it's impenetrable. The leader of the villain group, turns up and fights the robot with them, he tries to dodge attacks and to get the robot to attack the others rather than him, but it doesn't go his way. He's not as strong as any of the Avengers, especially when the robot shoots the remote off his arm and throws him against a building.

As Stacey, Nian, Warren and Prisha arrive at the battle, Stacey spots on the ground, the remote that was on the leader's wrist. She picks it up and smiles "I've got his remote!" The robot zones in on her, making her frown. It hits her into the concrete, then picks her up with a metal claw, but Stacey holds the remote tightly. On the way up, she presses a button that disconnects the arm that's holding her, making her fall to the street. Warren looks at his brother "The remote controls the robot!" The robot shoots at Stacey, she dodges the energy blasts, then hears "Throw it!" She looks past the robot, to see Prisha waving her arms frantically. Stacey tosses the remote to Prisha, who catches it and dodges energy blasts with her super speed. Ashley Stark calls out "Gina, help me take out the guns on this thing." They work together to stop the weapons. But the robot keeps attacking and they can't seem to get the remote to stop the robot, only mess with it a bit.

Nian takes over fiddling with the remote. While Stacey with her shield manages to sever a claw off the arm attacking her. Stacey frowns and mumbles to herself "We can't stop it. The only thing hard enough to penetrate it is..." Then she smiles "Itself." She looks at the severed claw, thinking up a plan. All of a sudden, one of the buttons activates the claw, so Stacey quickly picks it up. Another button then propels it forward, Stacey is then holding on for dear life, trying to steer the thing. Then Nian presses a button that stops the propulsion and Stacey looks over to her "Wait a minute. Press that button again!" He presses a button and the claw starts spinning around "No, the other one! The first one!" "First button, got it!" He hovers his finger over the correct button, but doesn't press it. Prisha calls out "It's getting closer!" Stacey should "Press the button!" But Nian protests "Not yet!" Ashley asks "What are you waiting for?" "A closer target! You got one shot!"

As soon as the robot is close enough he presses the button, the claw, which is still spinning, propels forward again and Stacey calls out "Everybody out of the way!" The Avengers scatter as she tosses it forward. It goes straight through the middle of the robot, destroying it. The robot falls over and the engine explodes. The leader wakes up and groans "Huh? No!"

LOCATION: AVENGERS MANSION

Later, back at the Avengers Mansion, Penelope Coulson gets off the phone and updates the team "We've frozen all of their assets. If they even sneeze, we'll be there with a pair of handcuffs. You did good."