9. Mini Story 2

LOCATION: NEW ORLEANS

The group pull out across the streetcar track right after it passes them, they then turn and drive alongside it. Ashley looks at the speeding vehicle beside them "Unless we cut the power, that thing's not gonna stop." Nian nods "I got an idea, but everyone has gotta get out, right now." They slow enough that Regina, Tasia, Stacey and Ashley can jump out without hurting themselves too much, then they speed back up and Nian climbs into the passenger seat "Get on the track about 5 metres ahead and close the gap." Santiago glances at him "You're crazy." "Do it. Do it now." He does as instructed, as the vehicle is getting closer, Santiago starts to worry "Romanoff?" He holds a finger up, then when they're close enough "Brake, now!" He does so and the streetcar crashes into the back of them, but it doesn't stop moving "Keep it straight and keep your foot on the brake." Nian smashes the windscreen and kicks it aside. Santiago looks at him "Are you out of your damn mind!?" He smirks "Maybe." 

Nian climbs out the front of the car and gets onto the roof, he motions and calls out to the conductor "Get back!" The old man does so and Nian kicks in the windscreen of the streetcar, and climbs in. The driver tells him "It's out of control. I've tried the brake. Help me." They both grab onto the emergency brake and pull together "Harder! It's jammed!" Nian lets go "Open the door. I'll try to cut the power from the roof." He opens the side door and Nian climbs out and onto the roof, he then carefully walks to the back, where the connection to the power line is. He kicks it, until it sparks, which forces him to lose his footing, his slips, but manages to hold onto the edge. A horn starts honking and he sees a bus approaching behind him, the two vehicles almost hit each other. Nian gets himself back to the car in front and slips into the passenger seat "Didn't work." A vehicle is coming towards them, not stopping "Look out!" Santiago quickly drives them out of the way and the streetcar slams into it, stuff going everywhere, the streetcar still not slowing. 

Santiago drives alongside the streetcar "What now?" "We take out the power." "You are outta your damn mind." They drive faster than the streetcar and head in a different direction "You ever jump out of a moving car before?" "Not by choice." They speed towards the power station and jump out onto the road. The car breaks down the fence and hits the structure, sparks fly everywhere and everything goes dark in the street. But the streetcar is still moving, slowly decreasing speed, Santiago notices "It's still going too fast!" Thankfully there's no one in the way of the streetcar, because the other Avengers have already evacuated the area, it was just the other vehicles they couldn't stop. The streetcar slams into the barrier and  slows down considerably. It eventually grinds to a halt and the conductor calls out to his passengers "Everybody alright?" Nian and Santiago run to the streetcar "You guys alright?" "Is everybody okay?" The Avengers help everyone out and make sure everyone's okay.

Santiago takes a phone call "Hello. No, that'd be great. That's a great idea. Why don't you guys go ahead and do that. Thank you." He looks to Nian, with a worn out expression "They're gonna shut off the power." The Avengers all sit themselves down a moment, trying to catch their breaths.