12. The new ruler of Asgard

LOCATION: ASGARD

Lady Sif is keeping her promise and is watching over Prisha, currently in Tasia's room, after Hogun was called with the rest of the army to a threat. They don't know where Fandral and Volstagg are yet. Heimdall had seen Herlan enter Asgard and has been making his way to the dome.

Herlan, helmetless, is currently standing in front of a portion of the army of Asgard "It's come to my attention that you don't know who I am. I am Herlan, Odin's firstborn, the commander of the Legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne, and the God Of Death." All the soldiers bend down and hold their shields and spears in front of them, Hogun stands in front of them. Herlan continues "My father is dead. As are the Princesses. You're welcome. We were once the seat of absolute power in the cosmos. Our supremacy was unchallenged. Yet Odin stopped at nine Realms. Our destiny is to rule over all others. And I am here to restore that power. Kneel before me and rise into the ranks of my great conquest." Hogun speaks up "Whoever you are, whatever you've done, surrender now! Or we will show you no mercy." Herlan takes offence "Whoever I am? Did you listen to a word I said?" "This is your last warning!" Herlan shakes his head in disappointment "I thought you'd be happy to see me." Hogun readies his weapon and Herlan sighs "Fine." 

Herlan smoothes back his hair, his helmet forming on his head. The army stand up and Hogun makes the first move, Herlan throws a blade at him, but he hits it away with his weapon. He runs closer and the pair fight, but Herlan kicks him through a wall. The army closes in and he brings out his long blades. He hears "CHARGE!" And the whole army rapidly approaches, but they're nothing against Herlan, he's agile, fast and can throw his blades continuously. Small flying ships shoot at him, but their bullets bounce off him and he shoots them down with blades. He's taking out multiple at a time, none of them stand a chance. Not even a minute later, they're all dead at his feet. Skurge walks out of the shadows and looks around in shock as Herlan takes in a deep breath and closes his eyes "I've missed this. Still, it's a shame. Good soldiers dying for nothing, all because they couldn't see the future. Sad." 

Hogun groans as he gets up from amongst the rubble, Herlan notices him "Oh, look, still alive." Lady Sif watches from Tasia's window, tears running down her face, Prisha trying to comfort her and get her to look away. Hogun stands tall and Herlan asks "Change of heart?" "Go back to whatever cave you crept out of. You evil demon!" He pulls out a dagger, but Herlan throws a blade at him, it goes right through him and into the ground behind him, he dangles from it, dead instantly. Skurge looks away, but Herlan doesn't notice "Let's go see my Palace." 

Heimdall arrives at the dome, his sword that controls the bifrost is still in its place, it just isn't currently activated. He pulls it out and runs.