5

Ties to unbind
~
Accalia
~

William Larren simply dug a grave too deep for him to get out of.

And it looked like Accalia wouldn't mind burying him in it with dirt and a shovel as she met the floor with a look of vengeance twinkling in her eyes.

"Dad!" Tristan roared, kneeling to his sister's side and sweeping a lock of hair from her face to observe her batten cheek.

Before Cadence even registered her actions, she shoved her uncle away from Accalia.

William stumbled back and was steadied by the wall behind him. A peel of laugher burst out of him and his eyes narrowed into slits when they locked onto Cadence. "So much like Katerina, Cadence. What are you going to do, little girl? Punch me?" He asked menacingly, taking a step to his niece in a subtle way to provoke her.

"I'll treat your existence just like a werewolf, uncle. Don't doubt me." Cadence sneered at him without thought.

A sob choked out of Accalia as her face reddened, her lip bleeding and her gaze seared a hole into her Father's head.

Tristan pulled his sister to her feet, clutching her to his side as her knees almost gave out.

"You're acting like I asked for this!" Accalia sneered at her father.

William looked unfazed by his actions and regarded her with a look of pure loathing. "You're mated to Lycus Fenris, the Alpha of Alphas!"

That means nothing! Accalia wanted to scream at him. But she wouldn't beg nor plea — she couldn't face defeat either.

"Don't — don't worry," Accalia said, regret lacing her tone as she held back tears, "I'm leaving."

Accalia clutched her face as she swept around Tristan and disappeared down a hall, her boots stomping down loud enough to cover her cries.

"Yeah," William drawled out, throwing his arms in the air and spit flying from his mouth, "Fuck off then."

Cadence's mouth fell ajar, amazed by him and ran down the hall Accalia disappeared to.

Accalia was already packing. Grabbing handfuls of clothing and shoving them violently in her bag as she tucked strands of hair behind her ears, tears blurring her vision as she tried to grasp the action her father just committed. He didn't think twice and slapped her across the face like she was nothing but dirt. Not his daughter, not even a hunter.

She tried to ignore her bleeding lip and the throbbing feeling on her face. She should've seen it coming. The bastard.

Accalia didn't have a plan, she hadn't thought too far into things and it was so simple as to why. She thought her home would be her sanctuary. Her father, her protector.

After fleeing the Fenris pack, she deemed being back here would grant them safety and protection. Even preparing for the worst if Lycus didn't back off.

Tristan leant against the doorframe, staring at his sister's quick movements and frowned deeply. "Don't go, Accalia."

"He wants me gone and the lycan won't stop, so either way, I'm not going to get what I want. I have to leave." Accalia tried not to choke up.

Tristan stepped inside, his head brushing against the doorframe with softening eyes as he came to his sister's side. "Father feels he has no choice."

Accalia whipped around, face shining with fury and eyes narrowing. "This is my life! I'm twenty years old, I don't need you or Dad, or that dog telling me what I'm going to be doing. I'm not anyone's mate and I'm most definitely not someone that can be slapped around!"