8

A good impression
~
Accalia
~

"Just go," Accalia snapped to her cousin.

"Where the hell am I supposed to go? I don't even know where we are."

"Downstairs?" Accalia suggested, positioning herself behind Cadence and giving her a hard push through the door.

They both stumbled out and Accalia was positive as soon as they went to their destination, she would become lost in this labyrinth of a house.

Their destination being the kitchen. If they could find it.

They both rose at the crack of dawn, gearing up for the battle ahead as they both regained the energy from their restless slumber. Accalia slept restlessly on the chair beside Cadence, whilst her cousin seemed rested. The healer only checked on Cadence once more, growling at her to take it easy but all in all, she was fine.

Accalia thought the healer revelled in Cadence being in any pain.

"This is too welcoming for my taste," Cadence spun back around and tried to fight through Accalia to flee back into the room, "Let's just die from starvation in here."

"I'm hungry," Accalia seethed and crossed her arms, scanning the hallway that depicted no sign of anything living. No Lycus in sight.

As a hunter, at times going without the goodness of food, the necessity to eat would be at extremes. You could consume large amounts of food or nothing at all.

And seeing as Accalia hasn't eaten since yesterday before arriving at her father's house who has now disowned her, she at least wanted to quench one thing in her thrilling existence. To eat something until she felt like throwing up.

Since being thrown into this situation without warning, never asking for it and it being done against her will, Accalia's state of mind was in haywire.

All thanks to her Alpha mate that intended to keep her prisoner and rid her of any sense of normalcy she's accustomed to.

"Seeing as we haven't eaten in nearly twenty-four hours, I'm willing to come across a lycan even if it's Lycus if that means I eat." Accalia pressed, trying to match her height with a towering cousin. Cadence was an inch taller, to Accalia's dismay.

If Cadence's black eyes could be blackened much more, they did, two pools of black abysses narrowed at Accalia with a curled lip. "I'm going to stab him with a butter knife as soon as we get to the kitchen. And Gabriel as well if I come across him. Who knows, they're probably gonna poison us."

"What, you're not going to stab Nina?"

"Please," Cadence laughed, throwing her sprained arm around without a zilch of pain, "Did you look at the sight of her? She's shorter than little ol' Thea Sterling."

"Yeah? And Thea could still kick your ass."

Cadence rolled her eyes and it was these times, she unveiled her tortured beauty.

It was quite natural for Cadence Larren's dark olive skin to be lathered in cuts, bruises and old scars, her body was carved with them like a war-like canvas. Her tall and lanky stature seemed to be designed for it. Inked with blackness, Cadence's iris were obsidian and her dishevelled brown hair was always up and out of her face, revealing hollow cheeks and a sharp jaw.

Cadence was pretty, but no one would say it to her.

"They seemed to have left the place, huh? Just letting two dangerous hunters roam around," Cadence whispered with a wicked grin, trying to come across as scary as she wiggled her fingers out to Accalia to spook her.