16

Bleeding red
~
Cadence
~

Dirty and bleak water soaked her boots, leaking into her socks and meeting the skin. The water was drizzly and icy cold like she was being submerged into a lake during a blistering winter.

Only when Cadence's eyes squinted open did she realise she wasn't in water but tied to a chair that was seated in unclean water.

This is grim, was all Cadence could spell out in her mind.

Her wrists wiggled against the restraints, the rope rubbing against her skin uncomfortably and ceasing her in redness as it wove around the chair arms.

She lowered her gaze to the floor and found herself shaking her head, bemused. Her feet, submerged in water were also restrained and tied to the chair's legs.

A joyless and pitiful peal of laughter quaked out of the depths of Cadence's dry and croaky throat and she flung her head back.

"Why me? Honestly, why does this shit always happen to me?" She rambled to herself and tried to wheeze out of the ropes with anger fleeting her goal.

Cadence couldn't bother herself with the torment of how this all occurred. It branded in her head like a mark, how she had a stable plan with Accalia and then, everything darkened around her without warning.

Arms and hands invaded her body and she was gone in a flash.

She's never crossed paths with a being so fast and stealthy. That was part of the reason she blacked out, they were running at a rapid rate, too fast for Cadence to fathom and decipher her surroundings.

It was surreal now that she looks back on it, the world she was in becoming mismatched and out of place like a puzzle. Everything flashed before her eyes and then she met obscurity.

Only to come to in this.

Cadence quickly figured out she was stuck in a cave. The water was a stream, connected to a river or creek. There was a dome at the roof of the cave, over time rocks must have caved in and hollowed a hole to allow in no streams of sunlight, but the welcoming of clustered stars.

But Cadence didn't have to time admire its beauty as she only had a fraction of light giving her sight. A waging fire brewed near her, a fire someone started whilst she was unconscious.

"Oh no, someone help me," Cadence sneered with amusement, cackling to herself, "I've been kidnapped and no one will save me. Someone help."

In her hopeless misery that flamed with musings, she wanted whoever got her into this mess to hear pathetic pleas, enough to draw them out and for Cadence to see them.

She craved to know the reason for being held captive and tied down. They restrained her down to control her, they would know Cadence can be violent and reckless. Now she really wanted to see them, pushed enough over these past few days, Cadence felt like making a point.

Cadence's face fell, grunting in frustration as it oozed into her skull of who would want her dead. Would want to play with her before killing her.

"Of course. Why wouldn't they kidnap me? I did almost chop off that bitch's arm." Cadence spluttered, leaning back in the chair and making it creak throughout the cave.

If Cadence has been kidnapped by lycans with the desire to kill, she didn't need to be told that she wouldn't make it out alive with being tied down and defenceless.

"Maybe you should have chopped that girl's arm off," a voice scorned through the cave with a chilling echo.

Cadence froze in place, feeling her heart drop and stomach do a flip with anticipation.