11

Whispers of death
~
Accalia
~

Accalia never thought death would come so easily to her as it did now. As a hunter, your life is always hanging on a thread, threatening to fall or balancing for survival, never in between where you had an existence of safety and sureness.

Yes, naturally, lycans wanted hunters dead but never has Accalia anticipated the calling of her life to end specifically. She knew this was the cost of being a Larren hunter, the taking of your life not by a contract or legality, but duty and family.

And it stood as clear as day, Accalia's life was at stake, more threatened than ever before.

All she could do at the moment was try her very best not to be consumed by it.

The creatures she's made to kill are now demanding her death, but not just because of her heritage and the natural hate lycans and hunters have for each other, but who Accalia is to their king.

They were only supposed to be enemies.

Fate is wicked sometimes, Accalia thought to herself at this very moment. Brilliant but wicked.

How ruthlessly would Accalia defy fate. To whatever extent she needs to go, no way in hell would she allow this path to be made for her and be made to walk down it with no chance of survival.

She wasn't made to adapt to the lifestyle of lycans and today wouldn't be the day she made such efforts.

"We'll run," Accalia said and stepped up to the Fenris brothers. "You think you can give us a head start or is that asking for too much?"

She directed her question to Lycus who wasn't listening to her, but something seemed to click in his head because he stood in front of her, blocking her from everything but him.

"Get out of my way, Lycus." Accalia snapped.

He towered over her, eyes withholding warning and irritation. "You are not going anywhere," Lycus muttered, each word catching hints of spite and threat.

Accalia hung her head low, growing tired of his commands and orders. He's an Alpha, one of the oldest and infamous, but that title rang no form of control over her.

"You better get out of her way right now," Cadence grumbled out and stepped in front of her cousin defensively.

Lycus simply snickered at Cadence's antics and lowered his height to hers, expression darkening into the being of a beast.

"Don't forget Cadence, I allowed you to be here, I can remove you right now if you don't stay in your place,"

"Then let Accalia hate you more than what she already does," Cadence shot back, shifting her brows up with a smug look.

"I told you to let me go, but you didn't." Accalia voiced out, her lip trembling and eyes zeroing in on her mate, "Now after your recklessness, my life is on the line because I'm a hunter and you're a lycan. Lycus you're going to put both of us in harm's way. You have to let me go."

Her face carried nothing but desperation, lips downturn and the bruises colouring her face in extremes of what could occur, how matters could worsen. She just wanted him to see sense, see the raw brutality of their bond and what it could lead to.

Because if he couldn't see it, not only was he blind, but foolish and doomed.

And Accalia wouldn't be taken down with him.

"You're going to be in harms way anyway," Lycus bellowed, wildness etching in his voice and threw his arms in the air. "You're my mate, you belong to me, and because you do, most of my kind will want you killed because of who you are to me. And soon enough, darling, hunters will be after you too."