3

Same old war
~
Accalia
~

It was a chilling feeling; the unpredictably the night held for a hunter. It seemed, more than daylight, the supernatural would erupt into wakefulness, a Lycan's indulgence and bloodlust being unquenchable.

Looking to the skies, Cadence observed a crow, as dark as night with its feathers darting swiftly across the sky and squawks echoing throughout the woods in a shrilling manner as they drove with the window down.

They were heading into the daylight now after pulling off on the side of the road to rest for a few hours. Risky move, they knew but that was better than crashing the car into a tree due to exhaustion.

Accalia already knew the Alpha would have murder on his mind. His Fenris wolves didn't complete a mission, didn't fulfil a duty and there would be hell to pay for it. She gathered they may have created a bigger problem for themselves because of it.

Music distantly played through the car, the girls giddy with anticipation as their lives were at stake and had no idea what would become of them as the early morning dragged on.

Gripping the steering wheel, Accalia put her foot on the pedal and the car took off faster than before.

"I don't think you need to rush now," Cadence hollered, adjusting herself in the seat and trying not to get nervous from Accalia's sudden impulsiveness.

They've been driving for nearly three hours and Accalia knew they were nearing their hometown.

"We're nearly home," was all Accalia said before they resumed in silence once again.

And a half an hour later, they passed into their hometown and by then, the night skies faded into lightness, the sun rising through the forest and emitting into the sky.

Accalia sped through with no intention of slowing down until she peeled into their driveway, putting the car in park.

Cadence had already unbuckled her seatbelt, keen to hop out and throw this entire train wreak behind her.

Their house was mundane looking on the outside. Simple and cosy, but what lay on the inside, you might as well call the police.

"What are we going to tell them?" Accalia asked distantly, sitting deeper in her seat.

"We have to tell them what happened," Cadence gritted out, getting out of the car, "because Accalia, we don't know if he is after us or not. With those mutts we had trouble with yesterday, it's obvious we're on his radar. Uncle William needs to know."

Accalia nodded slowly, realising Cadence was too right to be told she was and eventually stepped out of the vehicle, heading toward the front door.

Of course, the door isn't locked, Accalia seethed and stepped inside, Cadence following after her.

The walls were a sandy colour, family frames clung to them, all to which Cadence wasn't in. They only displayed the images of William's once perfect family, now broken beyond repair and motherless.

Treading across the carpet silently, the girls rounded into the kitchen and were met by Tristan Larren, Accalia's older brother.

His longish brown hair was in a bun, showing his chiselled jaw that had nicks of scars and upon seeing then, his lip curled into a sneer.

"Where the fuck have you girls been?" Tristan bellowed, standing to his feet and crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"Where's Dad?" Accalia demanded sharply.