15

Cold skin to touch
~
Accalia
~

"This is Lycus. This must be Lycus. He did this, all of this." Accalia grabbed the roots of her hair and tugged, her blurry vision swept across the cemetery again but came up empty handed.

A cemetery that Cadence was no longer in. Cadence is gone — Lycus took her.

Accalia recounted the events that occurred in her head again, a constant replaying of memories of what could have led to this.

It's been nearly half an hour since Cadence disappeared, her scream like a death wail and then cutting off in a faint echo. Accalia hadn't found a trace of her since. She was gone like she was never there to begin with.

Accalia ran up and down the dirt road, calling for her and reaching the point of screaming that could be loud enough to awaken the dead. But in return, she was met with nothing. Weaving through the bushes that lead through the cemetery, then heading back to the car, and still no sign of Cadence.

It was so simple for Cadence. She just wanted this one night spent with her dead family. Escape the hell hole of the Fenris pack and come here, to this old graveyard, to give time to her mother, father and brother and sister that no longer encompassed her life through living but in death.

Cadence couldn't even get that. 

Accalia knew it was all her fault. Her fingers curled into fists as guilt toppled over her like clouds of rain in a torrent and unstoppable storm. All her fault.

Cadence wouldn't just leave, she's not the type to randomly take off and Accalia thought back to her scream .... the wail threw her back to the year 2010 after Cadence found her dead parents and siblings laying by her feet in a puddle of blood.

Accalia knew someone must've taken her and all paths lead to Lycus.

This must be punishment for running, Accalia concluded and wretched the driver's door open to climb in the seat, starting the car up and revving it to life.

Someone must've come up behind her and petrified her enough to incite a scream. Accalia dabbled in the thoughts of a predator even now watching her and imagined that would have happened before Cadence was taken.

Nothing occurred while Erisa and Thea were here and that's exactly what Lycus would've wanted, to close in on Cadence without much trouble to follow. And just like that, as they came up with a plan, about to take their leave and be on their way, Cadence is suddenly gone? Lycus can be the only person behind this.

It was perfect timing, played out the way he wanted and in great excellence, he succeeded. In the coils and workings of his mind, he has a fair reason, to Accalia's damned dismay. By going after Cadence, it would prick and get under Accalia's skin effortlessly.

Accalia would run directly into his hands for taking Cadence and she knew this is what he would want.

Accalia's jaw ached from clenching it too hard and tried not to spill into a puddle of tears, she leaned her forehead on the steering wheel as she let out a mangled breath of air.

Lycus wants this. He wants Accalia to go back to his lands as it would lead straight to her getting her cousin back.

That bastard.

Throwing the car in drive, Accalia took off down the road, not wasting away any ounce of time as she took a left, the road leading to all things dark and scarce.

What if he's hurting Cadence? He very well could be, was taking her punishment enough in his eyes? Accalia doubted it, he'd probably rip her limb from limb just to hear her scream and pleas.