22

Dark side of the moon
~
Accalia
~

Accalia stirred her tea absentmindedly, mixing the sugar into the hot liquid and staring thoughtlessly at the window. She wasn't completely thoughtless, a few matters reflected like rippling waves in her head. To come to the shore, then submerge back into the depths of the sea.

Right now, she wished her thoughts were in the sea, not forcing their way to the forefront of her head and urging her to feel a palette of emotions she didn't want to endure.

Bedtime stories? Accalia was thankful she didn't wake up next to him in the morning.

A thump wallowed on the dining table and Accalia scolded, moving her cup of tea out of the way with a curling lip.

"Cadence, get your bag off the table and what are you even doing with it in the first place?" Accalia asked sternly.

Cadence zipped it up after rummaging through everything, making sure all she needs is there. "I told you, after the full moon I'm going to sleep at Erisa's for the night."

She took it off the table and dropped it by her feet, sending Accalia a pointed look.

"Are you insane?" Accalia snapped, "did you not comprehend Gabriel's words when we first woke up? Many werewolves and lycans died last night and no one knows how."

"Keyword, Accalia: werewolves and lycans, that sounds like a 'them' problem, not a 'me' problem." Cadence countered, not a streak of guilt tickling her spine or a drop of sadness about the matter. She couldn't care about this whole ordeal.

Accalia shook her head, baffled but wasn't surprised by her cousin's response. After she was told about the massacre, it didn't knock the air out of her, but she knew it would cause a stir within Lycus's pack.

To them, this information would only be understood in very few ways. To mourn this loss, would be as short and quick as their deaths would've been, then bring the person that did this to their demise.

Accalia hasn't seen Lycus all morning and doubted she would see much of him today, he would be barking orders, getting rid of the bodies and trying to grab a handle on all this.

It stood clear as day that the lycans guarding the dungeons were taken out first, snapped necks and torn hearts. Then most of the werewolves that were on the brink of madness had been killed too. Not all of them in one of the dungeons, but a handful.

This would be news to wage through packs and reach the ears of hunters. Hardly ever is Lycus in the centre of mayhem regarding murder and issues around the full moon. Packs may begin to doubt his capabilities as an Alpha for this and there was the most notorious piece of news to everyone now. He had a hunter for a mate.

They crossed out one suspect. Zenith Thrax. The reason for this is because his pack is mostly run by werewolves and from his pack to Lycus's is quite a trek. Unless he's desperate enough to get vengeance. He could've planted a few werewolves previously, to ensure they'd turn and target Fenris wolves.

"What if it was hunters?" Accalia whispered to herself.

"What?" Cadence spluttered, trying to capture Accalia's words and what she was babbling on about.

"What if this attack was hunters?" Accalia said sternly.

Cadence rolled her eyes with a straightening stance. "Their hearts were ripped out and necks snapped, you know how we do things Accalia and it's not like that. Second of all, uncle William made it clear he didn't like this connection you had with Lycus so he disowned you. Uncle William wouldn't have the balls to come to Lycus's pack."