2

Where blood lies
~
Accalia
~

Accalia Larren felt like a delicate lamb when she first laid eyes on Lycus Fenris.

And that's what she would be deemed as, that is, if she wasn't a hunter.

She never meant to cross his path, cross into his territory and most definitely not cross that unnatural line that shouldn't even be there, to begin with. A lycan mated to a hunter.

It made her sick to her stomach even thinking about it as her knuckles paled against the steering wheel.

She didn't even realise her foot pushing harshly on the accelerator that drifted vastly down the winding roads, everything flashing before her.

"In a rush?" A voice mused from beside her.

Accalia briefly gave her cousin a side-way glance, a fixed look cutting across her face. "Get your feet off the dashboard, what have I told you, Cadence?" Accalia berated loudly and whacked her ankles.

Cadence frowned and removed her legs, but placed them on the seat, unable to sit still. "You're freaking out over nothing, we left his territory; we have the upper hand, Accalia."

No, we don't, Accalia thought doubtfully.

Lycus Fenris is the prime example of a predator. He's the beast of prey, the tracker, the Alpha. When he finds his catch, there are only whispers through the grapevine that have spread over the years of what he'll do to a person as they never make it out from his clutches. All speculation and theories.

His name is stamped in books, tainting a hunter's tongue and smearing his bloodline in nothing but blood and war.

The Alpha of Alphas.

Lycus Fenris, the Alpha of not only his pack but the ultimate ruler of every other one.

"I still think I should have burnt his house down when I had the chance," Cadence chimed in making Accalia smile.

"You're sick—"

"Only if I knew where his room was," said Cadence, picking at her nails and pulling her brows together in thought, "I'd place dead bodies on his bed and with their blood—"

Absolutely mental, Accalia thought.

"Maybe that's a bit extreme. I'm only joking, maybe joking. Kinda."

It urged a laugh out of Accalia which was lightening enough for her low spirits.

All their lives, the Larren cousins, Accalia and Cadence were told not to be fearful of anything. Not when they know the existence of Lycans, their descendants, werewolves and the damnation they impelled to the human race.

They can't be afraid of something they are made to kill.

But now, Accalia wasn't scared of that, but something entirely different.

Mated to a Lycan, she thought numbly to herself. What could that even mean?

Accalia was familiar with the term, coming across it in history books and such. Lycans and Werewolves can be tied to anyone, even a human and it is out of their control and choice. You can't be without them and they most definitely can't be without you.

And Accalia was most certainly not that to a lycan. She merely misplaced it as the soulmate concept and thought nothing else on it.

Growing up in a hunter family, a part of your duty is to digest as much information on lycans and werewolves as possible. You have to know every piece of detail on your threats.