14

The years gone
~
Cadence
~

Cadence was never a bright person.

She could care less about her schooling, she flunked her final years with failing grades and an unattended appearance. She didn't care about a career, nor bidding her time to study or finding a job.

At the worst of times, in the coils and fragments of Cadence's mind, she felt everyone around her were stars hanging in the skies, whereas she bled blackness and endured hollowness, a cosmic void.

She couldn't identify as to why she felt this way, experiencing this emptiness and enduring it without question. But she couldn't ignore the fact she had began writhing with this detached emotion since her family died.

No one picked another fight after Cadence sliced Melina's arm open, instead, everyone was engaged in their own lives of fleeing the clutches of Lycus Fenris. By now, they would be beside themselves at the bloodletting reeking through the woods.

When Cadence saw the she-wolf by the name of Melina Thrax latching her hands around Accalia's throat ... Cadence brought her dagger up into the air and cracked it down until it met skin.

Cadence just didn't anticipate seeing the colour white swirl her vision. No, not a white light fading her into the darkness, but the whiteness of bone from slicing Melina's arm open.

After Melina collapsed everything blurred surreally. The snotty brother of hers, Alpha Zenith, scooped the unconscious she-wolf into his arms and before he could see who caused his sister much pain, the hunters left.

Henry Goodwin
~
17 - 6 - 1970
23 - 8 - 2010
Always in our hearts.

Cadence stared at the gravesite, vexed at the dirtiness and moss smudging the stone.

You can barely see his name, Cadence noticed, disgruntled.

She unhanded her arms latched under her legs and leant over to rid away the dirtiness ruining the grave. She grumbled lowly at her attempts, she snatched the moss away and let it fall on the grass.

Years have passed and still, that nagging and pestering feeling Cadence couldn't place continued to bother her.

Pain?

Maybe that's what it was. After all, it is the anniversary of her family's death. It crept over her shoulder every day, but more so this very day. The 23rd of August. As it was just the remembrance of all she had lost, all she had seen and nothing she had regained.

Accalia padded along the grass, roses in her hands and she laid one each along the headstones.

"It's all right to cry, Cadence," Accalia murmured, placing the final rose down before sitting beside Cadence.

Grace Larren
~
4 - 3 - 1992
23 - 8 - 2010
Beloved daughter & sister

Cadence stifled any noise that threatened to leave her throat. She wasn't used to this. She hardly teared up, and even if it was alright to do so, that was all left to Accalia.